Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Neo's: good choice for my 1st pair of skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I'm about 5"4 (160cm?), weigh approx. 57kg, and I'd put my level at intermediate (moving towards advanced? I've just stepped off the plateau). I've only ever skiied on piste but I do have aspirations to ski off piste in the near future!

I was planning on buying my first pair of all mountain ski's at some point next year but a colleague at work has just told me he is selling his old Scott Neo's (I believe they are the 2008/09 model).

First off they are 167cm. 160-163cm is probably what I would normally use. Is this slighty longer length going to have a negative impact on my skiing? I am aware that it is good to add 5-10cm as you become a better skiier, but will taking on this extra length be a step too far for me right now?

Secondly, are these skis good for the advancing intermediate? I've been searching on the web and I'm seeing mixed results. I don't know if this is dependent on the season they were released. One site said the latest Neo's were for advanced/expert skiiers. Am I wrong in thinking that a specific model of ski aims for the same level of skiiers every release? Has anyone ever owned a pair of Neo's?

Any help would be much appreciated, because if you guys think they are worth considering, I will arrange to take them off my colleague and try them @ Hemel before I buy. Just want to be sure I get the right pair that will help me with what I have already learnt but still have plenty of scope for me to keep using them in the future as well.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a very satisfied owner of Missions, I would say definitely worth a try. Only you will know how you get on with them, and I think a whirl round Hemel will give you a good ideaBe sure to seek out the softer stuff at the sides to realy appreciate them.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
c0Ka|Ne, I ski on a 166 Neo and I would recommend them. Im 5'9 and a lard-back bottom so I think the 166 is too short for me, but ok for you. Theyre twin tips so shorter than you would expect, light and soft with a 60/40 bias for on piste. Go and try them, i dont think you will regret it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve had a pair for a couple of seasons and very much like them. Also, they have improved the graphics for this next season as the 08/09 graphics (blue and yellow cubist thing on white) is pretty grim!

Other threads on topic:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60487&highlight=

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63155&highlight=
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the input (and links) guys. I'm also getting very strong recommendations for the Salomon Xwing Tornado's 159cm as well (which I plan to demo next week @ Hemel).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you decide on the Neo's I noticed these guys have a good deal on them that may be of interest - www.sports-outlet.co.uk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy