Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 Night Ski Weekend Ideas??

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so im trying to book for a group of six, 4 night break (thu-mon) ideally, now i know i am fairly limited it as to whats available, i'd like to go somewhere in austria but this is seeming to be very hard as nearly all weekends are set up to be some where in France. I usually go over to a resort called Megeve in france for a weekend which is lovely, but this time its going to be a group of 6 blokes and im just thinking France will just be to expensive for example the pints of beer and also may not be lively enough. Therefore, can anyone give me any recommendation on firstly, resorts that do breaks, is fairly lively and not to expensive?

Thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meribel and Morzine, easy access with a short transfer, lots of accomadation at various price points, good ski area for all standards. Other wise if you are not over fussy try alpine elements, they will sort you out a package. Drinking in resort will always be expensive stock up on beer and get a room with a balcony.Where are you travelling from?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, I'm also trying to do a short weekend too. Have you considered flight times? From what I saw on skyscanner, I found late flights into and out of Austria to be very limited.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet Gatwick Geneva is good for weekend thursday -sunday night or monday morning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My brother and I did a 4 day trip to Soll in Austria a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what the flight times are like now but we got a flight from Stansted to Salzburg at around 7am hired a car and we were in Soll by around 3pm on Friday. We had 2 and a half days skiing and flew out at around midday from Salzburg. We were back home by around 7pm on the Monday.

The hardest part was booking the accomodation, but for the Skiwelt resorts you can fill in an enuiry from that then gets sent out to all of the guesthouses in the area who e-mail you back directly if they have availability.

If you've not been, Soll is a great resort with good apres and the beer is around the same price as it is in the UK. It is oart fo the skiwelt which has 200km of piste so plenty to go at.

All in all it was pretty easy to arrange, the worst part was driving back to Salzburg with a raging hangover!

I hope that you find something.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davealsolh, you have a PM Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where's my PM Anniepen!!!
Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've done loads of short breaks to Austria. Depends on getting good flight times, but into and out of Innsbruck or Salzburg and you can be in resort in less than an hour. To get accommodation over a weekend, I would recommend going off the beaten track slightly. We have done this mainly in the Ski Amade region (tons to go at) or just outside a main resort. Try somewhere like Flachau, Wagrain or Schladming, just be prepared to be flexible. (When I say off the beaten track, I mainly mean just not like in the centre of St Anton or whatever).

It will be more difficult if you're talking about peak weeks like mid-Feb and New Year, but outside of those times, you will definitely find something.

D
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you could base yourself in an actual town and do daytrips. I believe Innsbruck is pretty good for this and Grenoble certainly is. Grenoble is a fun place - not too big but plenty of stuff going on (lots of students so plenty of bars, reasonably priced restaurants etc). It's usually easier to get accommodation for 3 or 4 nights in a town vs a ski resort. From Grenoble you can get up to Les 7 Laux in 30-45 mins and Alpe d'Huez in a little more and Les Deux Alpes in slightly more than that.

I did a trip last Jan where we had 1 night in Grenoble but we could easily enough have everything we did and stayed there teh whole time:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60781&highlight=

Wouldn't say it was the most relaxing ski weekend ever but it didn't feel overly rushed either
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davealsolh,
I've done similar two year in a row to Morzine. We used morzinelets.com for everything (transfer/hotel/hire and liftpasses).
We flew out Thursday evening and returned Monday evening giving 3.5 days skiing for only two days off work.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all, for your replies has anyone ever been Kirchberg???
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lightningdan, Where did you fly to for Morzine?...Lyon?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
streaky wrote:
Where's my PM Anniepen!!!
Sad

Sorry Streaky Laughing Would you like one? On it's way.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davealsolh wrote:

Yep, three nighter last year - out of Munchen.

If you use Hotels in any resort, they'll be happy to take yer money off you for a weekend jaunt - so long as it doesn't coincide with local holidays.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've just booked a thurs-mon weekend to morzine in jan...
Hardest part is accommodation. Flight from gatwick to geneva with easyjet leaving 6.15 thursday night (1 flight later if needed) coming back late sunday night. Gives almost 3 days skiing for 1 day off work.
Try these 2 hotels...hotel equipe and l'aubergade. Both decent 2 stars.
Good luck!
latest report
Easy jet sale are doing thoose flights for £103 at the moment ( January 13-16th) what not to like?
snow conditions
davealsolh, I'd recommend Chalet Whymper in Chamonix. Fly out from London City with minimal hassle - BigFoot do their own quick transfers from Geneva. The Brevent cable car is in walking distance. And your chalet is in the town centre.
latest report
Mayrhofen is always a good bet for a boys trip.

You would be better going Saturday to Wednesday tho, that way you only take up one week rather than blocking off 2 from a hotels point of view. The Hotel Garni Glockenstuhl always happy to take a short booking. Quite central good breakfast. 5 min walk to penkenbahn
snow conditions
dazman wrote:
lightningdan, Where did you fly to for Morzine?...Lyon?

Geneva , 75 minute transfer door to door see morzexpress( ?) he is a snowhead.
snow report
Flight to Salzburg from Stanstead at 6 o'clock in the morning and you will be on the slope at 11 - 12.
Quick, cheap and extremely efficient transfer around 40E per person return.
Lots of places to choose from - look at Obertauern, Schladming, Flachau/Zauchensee/Wagrain.
ski holidays
We offer any day arrival 3 and 4 night breaks in Tignes and Les Coches with transfers and catered chalet accommodation included in the price: 3 nights in Coches from £129 / Tignes from £139. www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks
snow conditions
<sigh>
snow report
Pila is 2.5hrs drive from Geneva great skiing and cheap (Ish) beer.

look at pikaski.com
snow conditions
Another vote for Austria and the supern Ski Amade.
Flangesax knows his stuff and may suggest some places tp stay. He can be found at http://www.austrian-adventures.com
latest report
Look here. http://www.connickski.com And they are doing a free lift pass on short 3/4 day trips in Jan ( and possibly Feb best check with them ).

Get the first flight in the morning to Geneva and you can be on the slopes by midday. We've done it many times.
snow report
got from the 10th Feb.. then no weekend gaps until March.

th elong weekend is incredibly popular in Austria - even more so than week long stays, so they tend to book up pretty quick.
ski holidays
davealsolh wrote:

I went there - quite a few years ago... It connects into the Kitzbuhel ski area as I recall. Decent place, although we had rubbish snow when I was there - you'll be fine this year, they already have loads.

Watch the distance to the main lift - the place is kinda strung out
snow conditions
Just came back from three days in Ischgl 06.50 flight from manchester on Saturday back on Monday nite at 21.30. Ischgl is underrated as a skiing resort - great runs and brilliant combinations of runs. Days are long because you can ski/board on the lifts until 16.30 and then have a great 25 minute run down to town where great bars and apres awaits. Apart from the excessive number of middleaged men it is a top experience. Would recommend for a cheeky 3/4/day trip.. I was a bit wrecked when I went to work the next day though...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another (unbiased this time !) recommendation for Mountain Sun in Tignes. Excellent value and do pickups from airport too. Had a great long weekend there 2 years ago. Got chatting to Ray Winstone who was there with his mates.
ski holidays
Tom-B wrote:
Just came back from three days in Ischgl 06.50 flight from manchester on Saturday back on Monday nite at 21.30. Ischgl is underrated as a skiing resort - great runs and brilliant combinations of runs. Days are long because you can ski/board on the lifts until 16.30 and then have a great 25 minute run down to town where great bars and apres awaits. Apart from the excessive number of middleaged men it is a top experience. Would recommend for a cheeky 3/4/day trip.. I was a bit wrecked when I went to work the next day though...

We attempted to add to the middle age bloke tally at Ischgl for this years trip from Manchester for a long weekend but found it to be difficult regarding flights and transfers to maximise skiing time - I'd be interested in how you did it regarding who you flew with and transfers? We decided on France (again) and are going with Progressive to Morzine, fly friday night return Tuesday night for 2 days off work for 4 days skiing snowHead
ski holidays
paulfaz wrote:

We attempted to add to the middle age bloke tally at Ischgl for this years trip from Manchester for a long weekend but found it to be difficult regarding flights and transfers to maximise skiing time - I'd be interested in how you did it regarding who you flew with and transfers? We decided on France (again) and are going with Progressive to Morzine, fly friday night return Tuesday night for 2 days off work for 4 days skiing snowHead

Just had our boys weekend in ADH. Looking toward next year (sad I know) we want to try Austria (Ischgl) but flights look pretty poor (north west) but could fly from leeds / b'ham.

Aim to fly out Thursday, ski fri/sat/sun back sunday night.
Even add a Monday to this and come back monday night. 2h transfer tops.

Anyone done anything similar to this?
snow report
La Molina/Masella,in Spain, great skiing not to expensive, 1hour15min transfer from Barcelona/La Prat, a little longer time from Girona, it seems shorter, but takes longer time, stay at Hotel Alp in Masella, they have give me great offer alot of time, http://www.alphotelmasella.com/inicio.php?idioma=en The skiing is great for everyone, exept if its bad with the snow, a little limited for experts, the two resorts are linked together by a gondola, the area is called Alp 2500, there is 33 lifts, 115 slopes, 22 Green, 39 Blue, 39 Red, 15 Black, 63 kilometres of trails provided with artificial snow, 935 snow cannons. The vertical drop is 935m, and the season is long, from November to May
snow report
Sun to thurs with easyjet to Innsbruck out of Liverpool is the best option for ischgl from the northwest.
Book very early or very late with the accommodation.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy