Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of school trips to Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have two teenage Snowheads, love them to bits when they're not dragging me to x-ray dept. We live in the desert (Dubai) and we do what we can to help them have the fun they want. Here's the dilemma, school trip is to Switzerland, flights with Swissair, resort Crans-Montana. The cost is 1700 POUNDS!!!!! Now, I know it's a way to go from here but seriously? If thats the price then no arguments but I am getting a very strong feeling that we are being totally ripped off. Can someone with recent experience set my mind on the right track? The trip is for 6nts, 6days snowpasses, boot/board hire etc. School reckon it's with a great agency but don't name and as agency charge in Swiss Franc, price keeps going up in Dirhams! Needless to say, haven't said yes yet lol
Would LOVE someone's feedback pleeeeeese

Thank you Smile

Dubaisandfairy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads dubaisandfairy, snowHead

When the pound fell, the Swiss Franc didn't. Then the Euro fell... and you guessed it, the Swiss franc stayed where it was.
A few years ago, Switzerland seemed very good value, now not so.

Still, seems like an awful lot - never having flown to or from Dubai, I'm not aware of the portion of the cost that this represents but aside from the flight we're looking at what £12-1300? Better be a decent hotel then!

I'd say, take the kids yourself - much more fun and good for the family (IMHO).
My son wont go with his school as he thinks he wont get as much out of it as a week with us. Ha! 2 cool for skOoL, that's us Toofy Grin Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My daughter went skiing with her school to the US three times. The cost was around £1000 inclusive, even though she said the food was dire and sent out for a pizza each night. So sound like its way over the top. take admin's advice and go as a family
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick checks show Swiss return flights on 5-12 Feb at ~ £675-£750 to Zurich or Geneva with no flexibility, dependent on whether you want to leave Dubai at 2am or not. That's probably a major part of the reason.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welcome to Snowheads, dubaisandfairy. Given those flight costs, and the fact that it's Switzerland, and if it's a good hotel, the price is sort of what you might expect if it's a posh school with lots of rich parents. A family holiday, if possible, would probably be more fun and better value per skiing man/day.

I guess if you live in Dubai skiing is likely to be an expensive hol! Our kids did one school trip when we lived in the tropics, but mostly they had to do without.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
I lived in Dubai for 9 years and still managed to ski for reasonable money, I've a feeling that you are paying for a large number of teachers to have a free jolly or you're lining the pockets of GEMS. I'd agree with the others and go as a family, give Etihad a ring and speak to their holiday department, they'll put a package together. The last time I used them I booked a flight and car hire for less than I could get a flight for. I'm not sure what new routes they've added, but I flew to Geneva and drove from there. On top of that, Etihad offers great service and AUH airport is quicker to get to than DXB if you live in Jumeira/Springs area. I know that it sounds like I work for Etihad but I don't, I just don't like getting ripped off by GEMS again, having put 2 kids through JPS.
Good luck
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy