Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wycombe Summit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I heard it was the longest dry slope in the UK so went to have a look yesterday but the slope looks real short but it is on a massive hill. Does anyone know if the slope goes of around the corner out of sight from where you can see from the top?

Seperate point, My wife and I have skied together for the last 6 years or so and still rate the very first trip as the best. Coming into resort and seeing what looked like a wall of snow and ice that people were hurtling down and thinking "there is no way we are trying that" Enjoying the learning curve and chatting to fellow beginners in the bars later at night etc was a fantastic experience. We were thing of trying Boarding next year to try to recreate that atmosphere, would it work or would we be bored stiff by the first lunchtime and back on ski's in the afternoon?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it, I thought all skieres still got that " wow that looks steep" feeling when entering resort. I some times look back up a slope and think "wow did we really come there". Mrs FTS and I both have that nervous pit in the stomach before getting on the 1st lift of the holiday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Does anyone know if the slope goes of around the corner out of sight from where you can see from the top?

The slope directly infront of the lodge is quite short.

The slope on the right (looking downhill) is longer, but this is (IMO) spoilt by the gentle start and very long runout - meanng the effective slope length is just over have the claimed length!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
up4it, Wycombe is a good slope to ski. It is a bit flat and long at the bottom (you'll smell burning skis), but it does have some nice gradient changes which make for good practice......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
up4it, regarding the initial excitement of learning, I understand what you mean, altho I myself am not bored of skiing yet.

The only way to recreate that is to try something new, whether it be boarding, or off-piste, ski-touring.....

or even a completely new sport like surfing, wakeboarding, parapenting, scuba etc etc.... Go to a resort where there are plenty of other activities to do and spend a couple of days doing something new to keep things fresh.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the ice perv, I'm not bored by skiing, far from it, I just adore being in the mountains but thought about boarding as a way putting the emphasis on fun again.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
up4it, Don't like Wycombe very much. You either have to schuss the bottom half of the slope, or you have a looong walk at the bottom. At least it feels long. When on a short slope, additional time spent neither going up nor down always feels wasted. And then there's the flattish bit at the top resulting in a much shorter true useable length of slope than advertised. But it obviously suits some, so try it for yourself: you might think I'm talking cobblers! snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
up4it, If you take up boarding you need to commit yourself to do it for a week. You'll also need protection for knees, wrists and a cushion for your bum! The first three days (for most people) are hell, but you do get over that. You do, however, have to give yourself the chance to do this. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
up4it, On your second point - stay on skis, have lessons, and just go steeper, or faster, or bumpier or deeper...It's hard to re-create your emotions from your first holiday, but that's no reason to stop...... Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy