Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Different size feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes I know I should speak to a proper boot fitter & yes I am deformed but I just wanted to know what is best. Problem is I have one foot bigger than the other - length, width, instep, etc. Not much but enough to wear a 28 boot on one foot & a 29 on the other to be comfortable. Given that I don't want to buy two pairs, should I go with the smaller size and suffer with one foot or go with the bigger size and pack out for the smaller foot? Appreciate any thoughts
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go for something tat can be moulded/heat treated so that you can stretch the plastic.

Ive got apx half a size difference, and i got the smaller boot, and wore, what is essentially a big pad around my toes, quite thick, that after the heating of the shell, allowed for stretch in the boot, and they fit with no drama's now!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speak to a proper boot fitter. Twisted Evil The more deformed you are, the more you need to speak to them (as I know from my own experience).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A guy I know who is a skiier has one foot seriously smaller than the other, we're talking about one being a size 9 and the other being a 5/6 or something (UK sizes). -I used to have a photo on my phone but I seem to have lost it, you'll be disappointed to hear! Laughing

Anyway, he obviously needs to ski in 2 different sizes of boot. I'll try and get a hold of him and see how he managed to wrangle the deal.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As pam w says.
I'd go for speaking to as many different boot fitters and ski shops as possible, as well as trying on as many different brands and styles of boots as you can till you find a solution that works for your paticular feet.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
janner, boots can be expanded, they don't shrink in the wash (though sometimes it would be useful)
what i would suggest is this....
1 make sure you are on a well made supportive custom insole (this will minimize spread of the foot as often the difference is due to more pronation on one foot than the other)
2 go with a boot to fit the smaller foot, if it is a size of difference then most of that can be expanded /ground out to compensate for the larger foot

you mention being in a 28 and a 29 to be comfortable, was this in the shop standing in a new boot, chances are you may have no problems at all when the foot is supported and the liner moulded in the smaller size, the shell check is everything, remove the liner and place your foot in the empty shell, see how much space you have behind your heel when your toes are brushing the front of the shell...5-10 mm very tight but doable in the correct shell 10-15mm nice and fairly easy to work with so long as you are not spending your days in the back seat, 15-20mm very much more comfort than performance but largely acceptable as a recreational fit

now all of these numbers are subjective and dependant on the exact shape of the shell verses your foot and your tolerence to pressure around your feet, i know people who scream at the thought of anything below an oversized boot and others with a 10mm shell who wonder if it would be possible to go down another size....so what ever the measurer says, it is a starting point, it is very common to drop a size from the numbers due to the manufacturers wanting to give "just a little more toe space" in their boots. there are so many other things that affect how the boto will feel, tight or large calves will push you away form the heel and into the toe box making even a generously sized boot feel far too small, short lasted liners feel like they are crushing your feet even though there is visible space in the shell.... all these things are where the boot fitter can help to adjust the boot to make what appears at first to be a non starter into a great fitting ski boot

good luck getting sorted

as a note, be wary of trying on every boot in the shop as has been suggested, all this will do is confuse you further and it normally results in a boot too big as you buy what feels "most comfortable" in the store... this is not about boots being painful when you buy them, just a bit tighter than you are probably used to and then making adjustments to get them spot on
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy