Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

eu 50 means what????

Poster: A snowHead
Is an eu 50 in salopettes equivalent to a 40 inch waist uk size, as i am a Bat Fastard
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
40 inch chest I think (roughly 32 waist), though why they would measure salopettes in chest size I wouldn't know.

PS this could be entirely wrong.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No. I understand that EU measurements are in cm whilst UK measurements are in inches. Thus a eu 50 would be a uk 20" waist.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats why i am confused, Thanks for reply
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
who has a 20" waist?

mind you, it's not like this information is a closely guarded secret:

http://tinyurl.com/32qbm4y
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eclectic wrote:
No. I understand that EU measurements are in cm whilst UK measurements are in inches. Thus a eu 50 would be a uk 20" waist.

Ah, not so much a Fat B@stard as an anorexic one! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timbobaggins, I reckon that's referring to chest even though it's on a pair of pants. So, sounds like they are for an average bloke with a puny 40" chest. Errm... try 'em on?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I understand that EU measurements are in cm whilst UK measurements are in inches

Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Timbobaggins, I reckon that's referring to chest even though it's on a pair of pants. So, sounds like they are for an average bloke with a puny 40" chest. Errm... try 'em on?

Who the heck has a 40 inch chest apart from a 12 year old boy or my wife Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:

Can't try em on, another e-bay blunder looms Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FWIW, I'm a EU size 52 in a suit, and I've got a waist of 34-35 inches, and a decent chest size to go with that (haven't measured it in a long time but shirt size of 16.5 is usually good. 5'11 and 89 kgs.

So I guess EU 50 may be for a waist size of 33-34 inches?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timbobaggins, you say you're fat. If you're right, they won't fit you. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Timbobaggins, you say you're fat. If you're right, they won't fit you. Twisted Evil

Nice, actually a top body builder like myself tends to be large, but when you say 40 inch waist everyone asumes you are a Bat Fastard, so i go with the flow.

I struggle to get a ski jacket as well due to my steroid induced pectoral muscles wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timbobaggins, well whether it's 40 inches of blubber or 40 inches of steel, they still won't go round. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Timbobaggins, well whether it's 40 inches of blubber or 40 inches of steel, they still won't go round. wink

Oh well, back to the drawing board, i am off to do some press ups Cool
latest report
So I am not, as I feared, entirely wrong.
latest report
Timbobaggins wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Who the heck has a 40 inch chest apart from a 12 year old boy or my wife Shocked Shocked

if she swung them about you might have to change the shocked look to Big Wink Big Wink

but in answer to your question yes 50 is the new 40" . and no doubt will be the next thing the eu will want us to change!!!!!!
ski holidays
Timbobaggins wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

The average male adult chest is around 40". Average woman is 36". Average 12 year old around 32". Sounds like you might not be an average family which is not always a bad thing.
snow conditions
I'm a size 10 in UK but buy size 38 in trousers/jeans in Spain - your size 40 could well be something like a 32 in UK.
latest report
In terms of male motorcycle clothing EU50 is equivalent to UK40.
snow conditions
Timbobaggins, Check out the sizing chart at Snickers workwear. www.snickersonline co.uk.

From memory i think an EU50 is a 34"waist/32" leg. Hope this helps...
snow report
According to the Mammut ski website EU50 = French 44 = Italian 52 = UK 34
But...
the agent for Descente in NL sent me a chart showing
French 44 = Italian/German 52 = US 36 and actually measures 37in round the waist

so much for l'harmonie européenne
latest report
Right oh, got said salopettes, a pair of Killy with Recco and air water technology material of fleabay for £31.50 delivered Very Happy

Arrived and label states Fr 50 GB 40 USA 40. They fit perfectly and are in tip top condition. So i will be skiing in a Helly Hansen Jacket £35 fleaby and said salopettes Very Happy

Man at Millets or what Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy