Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Festive Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Deliberately haven't booked the festive family ski trip yet because, like all good DIYers, I know that there is a time and a place for a tour op and, shock horror, a package... but at a massive massive discount which cannot be beaten by DIY. This year is a funny year because Christmas Day and, of course, NYD fall on saturdays. Few would fly on those days so the TOs have had to be a bit clever and most trips are going out on 20/21 for Christmas and on 27/28 for NY trips. Then, in order to get back to the Saturday-Saturday we all know and love, they have created little 4-dayers from say 4th to 8th Jan. In effect, creating a massive surplus of departures at a time when there are less skiers around - their accommo is still there though. The 4-dayers are in the dead zone after New Year and will be a tough sell simply because the concept is alien to most and the credit cards are hurting. The Christmas prices are tumbling faster than normal and the 4-dayers aren't really being pushed yet (they want to fill unsold new year and Christmas first)

At the moment I'm considering doing a Christmas week AND a 4-dayer because I'm convinced they will be so rock bottom and the two combined cheaper than a single New Year trip.

My quest has barely started and I have already got Christmas week down to way below where I expected (not revealing anything just yet!). I have even found a US package over Christmas at less than what the airfares alone would cost me.

So, this is the challenge... How Low Can You Get It? And How Long Dare You Wait? Tour Ops aren't stupid (hey, they monitor this forum) - they know that you know that they know that you know that there are deals to be done so what are you waiting for?

First prize - the year-long respect of your fellow snowHead
Second prize - there are no prizes for coming second
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the TO's have shot themselves in the foot to some extent. Christmas and New Year are popular, and therefore expensive, because some people can't go any other time. If thats your situation, then you can't go this year with Tue-Tue weeks. Most schools are back in on Tue 4th Jan so thats teachers unable to book NY week.

As you say prices are being cut early this year. I've booked late for Xmas for the last 5 years and thy've never discounted this early and deffinatly never for NY.

Why didn't they just change Sat-Sat to Sunday or Monday changeover?

To answer the questions...
Very low.
A long time.
Them to panic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

To answer the questions...
Very low.
A long time.
Them to panic.

Well that's the lead established.

By the way, you can have more than one go... with actual numbers if you like.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, I have a 'basket' of TO hols I am interested in and am keeping a list monitoring prices, I have been looking most days and watching the fluctuations. One New Year package for my family of 3 has dropped by £800 over the last month or so. I am still waiting though, it's not the ideal one.

It might work well for us with the dates this year as our school doesn't go back til the Wed, so I would prefer a Tue-Tue duration. There are lots of resorts which are operating Sun-Sun which is usual for them so I expect their prices may hold better. I don't want a Boxing Day (Sun) early departure having done it twice before, doesn't suit us really.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have you tried last minuite? i got mega cheap deals on there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, My comprehensive survey last week of two ski co owners Toofy Grin reveals that
bookings are slow for the whole of next season apart from half term when they are already fully booked interestingly although an English company they have made efforts to attract the French skier and this area of their business is showing good growth yoy they are even selling the traditional Catered Chalet to the French!
The general feeling I got last week from seeing many new build houses retail units etc is that France has genuinely come out of the recession and perhaps was not in so deeply, so the French skiers will keep coming.
But Austria .........pah no chance of a cheap deal wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 2-11-10 8:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have also heard that christmas is extremely slow this year.....so thewre could be some real bargins for that week especially
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
... interestingly although an English company they have made efforts to attract the French skier and this area of their business is showing good growth yoy they are even selling the traditional Catered Chalet to the French!

If the catered chalet has a mix of English and French guests there should be some interesting cross-cultural interactions! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A fellow snowhead found £289 catered chalet in Les Deux Alpes with flights Manchester or Gatwick from Rocketski last week for 20th Dec, which I thought was a very good price!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, so how's the hunt going??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I finnaly blinked. Availability was getting pretty thin and the prices weren't dropping so bottled it. For work reasons I could't go Xmas and had to be back before 4thJan so that ruled out a lot of deals
Think I got a fairly good deal though. NewYear (Sun-Sun) Chalet board, La Rosiere, £585 each including Manchester flights.
adrian
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adithorp, who with?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked through Ski Solutions but it's a SkiOlympic package.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy