Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indoor Snow Slope in Weston Super Mare?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
"A multi-million pound snow dome, ice rink and indoor leisure complex is set to be built on the outskirts of Weston within two years.

Leisuredome UK Ltd is about to sign contracts with Persimmon to buy a piece of land for the exciting development on the former airport site.

Proposals for the 21,400sqm complex, set to be the first indoor snow centre in the South West, could bring up to an estimated three million extra visitors to the area each year."

Source: http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/snow_dome_heading_for_weston_1_705773
Via: http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/news-9914.html (with architects model of building)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68326&highlight=
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

A multi-million pound snow dome, ice rink and indoor leisure complex is set to be built on the outskirts of Weston within two years.

And I wonder if they've found a bank to fund it? Confused
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would be awesome! and weston much needs the extra revenue! hope it happens! Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
180 metres again. Having just been to Landgraaf for three days skiing it seems pitiful that a similar 500 metre facility is still not planned or under construction in the UK (accepting that SnOasis is planned to be 400m, but is not moving at present and is not in the most acessible place).

At Landgraaf, slope use varied from empty (50-100 people) to busy but not totally packed (at the slope limit of 1,000). In discussion with one of the managers with experience of a few centres, the cost of building Landgraaf was reported as 40 million (presumably euros). It was flatly stated that if the cost of building a centre was over 80 million all-in then it could not turn a profit. So, a lot seems to depend on the initial cost of land being cheap and not being asked to contribute too much to infrastructure.

However, do not bank on it to be a tourist attraction rather than a day trip destination. Any snowdome will be empty in Summer - even on rainy days at the seaside.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beequin, IIRC the plans, which were on the site but have now been removed, showed the length at 220/250 metres.

Could be the case that I've remebered wrong, they've amended the plans or the press have got it wrong (always highly likely!) but I wouldn't take the 180 metre figure as gospel yet.

I agree though, the lengths of these UK domes are poor in comparison with places like Landgraaf and that sort of thing is what we really need in the UK.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 2-11-10 22:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeh disappointed. planning a trip to landgraaf which sounds amazing....also been to Bottrop in northern germany and thats about 300-400m IIRC.

we seem to be sadly short =/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy