Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belledonne Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For those of you ski touring in May the conditions are not too bad and it is much colder now compared to last week. I climbed to the 2930 meter Rocher Blanc yesterday, one of the easier ski touring routes in the Belledonne. Continuous snow began at 1550 meters altitude and there was a dusting of fresh snow at 1700 meters which got thicker and thicker towards the summit.

Summit of the Rocher Blanc

The poor weather was just clearing and the Savoie was still blanketed in clouds. Apart from the (many) powder days it was some of the most pleasant snow I've skied all season. The only nasty was a band of crust from 1800-1900 on a south slope that was (at 1pm) still transforming. With the strong winds I suspect that conditions will be more difficult today but probably a lot of fun if you are in Tignes/Val Tho/Cham or La Grave.

Trip Report (in French)
http://www.bivouak.net/topos/course.php?id_course=57&id_sport=1
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy