Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort advice for a group of four in Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Four of us (mid-twenties) are looking to book for the end of January (22/23 Jan) but we can't decide on a resort! Please help! Here's what we're looking for:

Plenty of piste for a group of 4 intermediates to not get bored
Lively resort (doesnt have to be huge) with plenty of apres ski options and cheap enough beer!
In Europe!
Budget = under £700pp flights + accom. (any board) including lift pass and ski hire

We spent a week in Arinsal last year and loved it, we just want a resort with alot more piste this time round! Any ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Solden in Austria would probably fit the bill if you can find a package to match your budget.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could easily do Kitzbuhel, Mayrhofen or Ski Welt on that budget. You could probably do Sauze or Cervinia too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sauze d'Oulx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mayrhofen or Saalbach-Hinterglemm would be a good bet, and if you're prepared to share and be a little way out of town then that budget should be achievable either as a DIY or tour operator trip. Both also have the benefit of relatively short transfers, from Innsbruck and Salzburg respectively. A lot depends on your starting point, as Innsbruck scheduled flights are limited, so TO options are likely to be more attractive.

Austrian apres and prices have much to commend them, especially for those for whom "too loud" is impossible...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Saalbach-Hinterglemm

I'd second that. Good intermediate piste area, good mountain restaurants, not so expensive, great apres and some very cheap beer! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys, appreciate all your replies! Will have a look into all of them Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd echo the shouts for Saalbach/Hinterglemm. Failing that, Soelden or Mayrhofen, though they may be a bit pricier. Crystal and Neilson have both doing deals for various January holidays and add-ons so you may want to check those out online.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saalbach or Mayrhofen. Would say St Anton but not for your budget.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd recommend Schaldming in Austria as the dates you are looking at tie's in with the Mens world cup Schladming nightrace. An amazing spectacle.

The race is on the Tuesday night of that week

http://youtube.com/v/A_UZpBzC7Zc
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is an awesome night!... 30,000 people scattered about a piste with awesome skiing!....
Then in the morning the piste is in perfect condition, all clean and tidy and the resort is as busy as another other off-peak week.

jmoore6, if you are interested in the Ski Amadé area let me know and I can give you a few secrets!... we are doing ski safaris this year to make sure people get the most out of their pass... free shuttles to Schaldming, Reiteralm and loads of other places too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Livigno stopping up San Rocco end
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This shows the Schaladming nightrace better....
http://youtube.com/v/lq8vaMEXzs0&feature=related

I've just looked at Crystal ski and you can stay right in the town centre for under your budget. From memory (two years ago) a ticket for the slope side of the race is about €20. Best atmosphere i've ever been to at a sporting event and i've been to many football, cricket, rugby matches.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saalbach.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Schladming.Was there for the night race 2 years ago and its amazing.The night before the race is brilliant fun with live music and dj's playing on the main st.The skiing is great too with lovely tree lined pistes on 4 linked mountains.The Aqai Hotel is the perfect location right at the end of the main slopes and beside the main Gondola .Its also a cheaper resort than Saalbach or Mayrhofen.
ski holidays
jmoore6, Les Arcs of course, but then everyone would expect me to say that. But really, it has all you are asking for and if you want to party Arc 1800 or if you can afford it Arc 1950. If you have any more questions just go to the Les Arcs thread in snow reports section.
snow report
There are some good TO deals on at the moment....Just booked Saalbach on the 15th Jan (Central Hotel - centre of village) for £345 flights, transfer & 3* B&B with Niellson (oh & 3% cashback through Quidco Toofy Grin ).......1st time back since breaking my ski cherry there about 16 years ago.....amazing scenery & beats French resorts hands down for atmosphere & beer price (top beer in Austrisa too NehNeh ).....Take note France 7-8e a pint!!!!!!

Sure its not the best for expert/variety of ski like some French resorts (3v ect)...but is v good for intermediate level (about 200k of piste)......We did look at some of the other resorts Soll, Westerndorf ect.(Skiwelt...but didn't fancy the ski bus to the slopes every day or expensive package).....Plus you have the bonus of night ski in Hinterglemm snowHead

We did Arinsal about 8 years ago and have been to a fair few resorts in Europe (mostly France)....But for a group of lads at intermediate level who want a mix of decent ski/apres I would have no hesitation in going to Austria (I can only comment on Salbach-Hinterglemm though)......Enjoy Lads Cool
latest report
jmoore6, well if you're not booked......Mayrhohen.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy