Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short trip anywhere for solo skiier 27th November to 5th December

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I have a week off between the above dates and looking to get away for a bit of early skiing (want to get the edge for our main trip in Jan!) Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or what company to use? Ideally would be 3-4 days away, I don't mind driving if needs be.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not many places open that early. Would suggest checking out MountainSun's deals, they do a 3day package for a very reasonable price in Tignes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info, would have been ideal howeber they are all booked up Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheese, Les Deux-Alpes opens on the 27th November, conditions on the glacier today were really good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi cheese I am from Essex, I could get the week off then was thinking of going 11-18th of December, but if we could cobble something together that would be good. I am also looking to sometime drive down to the Alps so could do with a buddy to help with that as never done that!

Im only a beginner skier so dont want to hold you back but let me know what you are planning

Thanks

Pete
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pete, you have a PM.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm working in France week of 22nd, and was thinking of driving the rest of the way to the Alps on Friday afternoon for a long weekend (27/28/29th).

Only dilema was where there would be enough snow. Val T will be galcier only that week. I've done Zeratt early season before for a reasonable area. I've not been to Les Deux-Alpes before though, any idea's how much terain it likely to be available the first week?

Would be good to meet up with anyone else going that week.

I'm happy on most pistes, and a bit of off piste, though my style leaves a bit to be desired at times. Would be good to start easy being first trip of the season though.

Regards,
Graham
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
f948lan, Val Thorens opens from the 20th. Not just glacier skiing.
They open 6 lifts serving about 10 or 11 pisted runs .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Courchevel opens 4th December with full opening a week later. Currently snowing so should be decent cover.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, I'm booked on a ski trip to Kaprun from Wed evening Nov 24th to Sunday evening Nov 28th with a rgoup of singles and solo's and I know they had a couple of places left if you can get away from work a few days earlier. Kaprun has guaranteed snow as it's really high and I know the resort is already fully open. I'm going with Skibreaks who are a .co website - they have asked a couple of their custimers to join Snowheads and I'm new to this, but what a great site for sharing info.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kaprun is great resort with one of the best on mountain restaurants! And village is lovely. Been a few times. And believe snow cover at the moment is excellent.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But still no reason to book for a little while - freezing levels over 3000m forecast and a fair bit of uncertainty. Could be great, could be not great.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, I know the snow levels can be unpredictable at times, but the first snow of the season fell in September in Kaprun, they had a huge dump two weeks ago and then again more snow fell on the mountain this weekend, all the runs are open from the top of the glacier to the mid section at the Langweld so skiing should be really good even in November
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rikski, I was up there skiing in October - excellent base and plenty to keep you occupied for a few days. more snow going in over the next few days and the temps are cold enough for the base to start forming so a wee bit more may be open by the end of the month. Enjoy!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rikski wrote:
Hi, I'm booked on a ski trip to Kaprun from Wed evening Nov 24th to Sunday evening Nov 28th with a rgoup of singles and solo's and I know they had a couple of places left if you can get away from work a few days earlier. Kaprun has guaranteed snow as it's really high and I know the resort is already fully open. I'm going with Skibreaks who are a .co website - they have asked a couple of their custimers to join Snowheads and I'm new to this, but what a great site for sharing info.

Hi Rikski, do you know exactly how many places they have left?

It is a great site so we look forward to the new customers joining snowheads, and sharing their views.

Glad you mentioned it was a .co and not a .com, could have ended up at the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have bought some Oakleys by mistake.
latest report
Hi, I think they had 4 spaces left as of yesterday and I know they just offered a lower price to fill these up
ski holidays
Rikski, are there any spaes left on that trip if so how much,cheers
ski holidays
Hi, I know there were two places left on Monday at £275 plus you pay for your own flights.
snow report
Did you (Cheese or Pete) get anywhere with this - I'm also looking at 27/11 onwards. Let me know if you need someone to share costs etc
Thanks

Rich
ski holidays
Rikski, nice one mate,spoke to john at skibreaks and we`re on for the 24th...see you there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy