Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl with 6 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a follow up to my posts "Zell am See with a 4 year old" and "Saas Fee with a 5 year old" - this year family trip is to Obergurlg and I am soooo excited. Staying at Hotel Lohmann beginning of April.

Daughter does ski school on dry slope at home for most of year, which means we can spend some time on the mountain together instead. Will offer her ski school this year anyway, as might be fun for her. Any recommendations?

Looks to me like the whole mountain is accessible on blue runs, which should let us tour properly as a family. Is it as easy as that though?

Anyone know if the runs back to village are really open in April? Any other tips for a family friendly holiday there would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is a very high resort village, so i cant see why runs wouldnt be open, but I havnt been there for about 20 years - I learned to ski there and have very happy memories.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went on a last minute (old) Smile boys trip back in January , stayed at the Lohmann, friendly staff ,clean , good food + free drinks with the evening meal (alcoholic or soft). There is a childrens play room , but I have no idea what is actually in there.There is also a Sauna and solarium . As far as the Mountain is concerned the Hochgurgl side has the nicer runs IMO. Hopefully if I've done this correctly , this link will take you to a previous Obergurgl thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1474812&highlight=#1474812

Ian
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Ian L about Hochgurgl side better for beginners. If the run to the cable car to get to Hochgurgl is a bit steep for some of your family there is a (free) bus service. As the Lohmann is literally on the main road it will be very quick to walk to the bus (or anywhere else in town for that matter).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have skied Obergurgl in mid to end of April - no worries skiing back to the resort. I'm back with teh kids this March..oh yeah!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies and advice. Great forum.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy