Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 Le Village Apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All - we've just booked a monster 10 person self catering apartment .. ex Intrawest, now P&V I think. Grateful for:

1. Any pros and cons for the different buildings / locations to choose from? and..

2. Any tips on where to get stocked up with food... what are Food Pack like? http://www.food-pack-service.com/

Best Regards, Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick,

If you've booked not sure how you will get to choose your block... they tend to allocate them for you!

The later build blocks - Manoir Savoie, Source de Marie, Auberge Jerome - tend to be a little more plush, however I'm from the other end of the village, one of the first to be finished (2004), and there's not a great deal in it (well, I would say that, wouldn't I!) - all of the village is signifcantly upmarket from your usual French rabbit hutches. There is also a continously cycling re-furb programme, so for example last year we got new beds, new duvets, new cooker hob.

End-to-end, the village is no more than about 400m, with no cars, so you are close to everything no matter where you are based. Ski school meets right in the middle, so again no advantages / disadvantages being at one end or the other. There are rental shops at both ends. Refuge du Montagnard and Hameau du Glacier use the pool in Prince de Cimes, so a bit more of a walk than if you are in there - say 50 metres wink - but the pool there is bigger and better able to cope with hordes than some of the others apparently (although I've never used them, my 8 yr old has been in the Manoir pool - shared with Sources until their spa is built, so tends to be crowded she says).

Food - never used a food pack service, so can't comment I'm afraid
If you are driving, there are two supermarkets on the road out of Bourg (just after 2nd roundabout after train station, you take 3rd exit to Arcs, car parks on LHS) where you can load up in prior to shlepping up the hill. The supermarket in the village is large and very well stocked, but as you can imagine, priced to match, particularly on 'English specials'. Having said that, it's not a total rip off, and we tend to be in their most days for the odd bits and pieces. They do do roast chicken in a bag, and since they expanded to a second floor last year, you no longer need to book them. George's Wine Bar is where most owners hang out: order by the bottle rather than the glass - signficantly better value!

There is a boulangerie which opens for early morning croissants and fresh bread and pattiseries, which is where most of our children's loose change goes when we send them out for breakfast supplies... it can become an expensive (but absolutely gorgeous!) habit.

Feel free to ask for any other info, and have a look at arc1950.com for maps and details (despite error message on landing page, it does work once you click the UK flag...)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant - fantastic advice, just what I wanted to know. Can't wait to get there. Nick Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JimW, it is good to have you on here to answer all these questions, very useful. Saves anyone else adding anything about the village. Have you got the place running better now? Could you ask them to turn on the webcams. They are the only ones not on now and you know how addicted we all are. Have they made up there minds about what is replacing East, such a pity, I liked that place. See you when you get out.

mutineer, think jim has covered it all, check out George's Wine Bar as Jim says. Is the best place for a friendly drink. See you there. Will be quite a few people around that week.

The food delivery people are ok, I know a few people that use them to save shopping themselves, but not cheap. Like Jim says, better off doing your shopping down in bourg if you have a car then driving up. The shop in resort is quite a bit more as you would expect for some things.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, Eric has been at the Moscow trade fair this week, and today being a holiday in France isn't back in the village - but he is aware that the webcams are not function properly! and is going to fix them as soon as poss.

I'd like to think we've got some smoother running now - still seems to take up a considerable amount of my time, but we are definitely making progress. I've got the "animations" list for the winter, I'll share with you once it is ratified.

I'll pm you re progress on East.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had not read this when I just sent you the PM. Hope he get's them fixed. Thanks for the update.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy