Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying boots up north (if Cheshire counts...)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all - my nephew is taking the plunge on buying his own boots - and is planning on a trip to the Snow + Rock place at Chill Factor near / in Manc. Anyone got any experiences (good or bad!) or that place, and also are there are any recommendations for good bootfitters/stores up in the northwest? cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DoubleBombardino, Graham at Rivington Alpine is your man. I had mine fitted there, as have many other Snowheads, do a search on the forums and you should pick up all the recommendations.

Don't expect a quick visit as he's very thorough, so allow a good half day for the fitting process.

http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heard some great stuff about S+R in general this winter, same Brighams. That said, i wil always lean, having worked both in the UK (or out of resort) and in resort, I would always buy in resort. Whilst in resort, you have a good week to tweek any issues if there are any. For that reason, we always edge on the prcise side, which works, believe me. In the Uk they will, don't care who, always edge on the cautious side, or those potential 7 visits are gonna cost a whole ot more in travel time and money and often leave people going elsewhere, and whilst you will be happy, the level of precision will never touch that of resort. Unless you know how and what a ski boot should really feel like, which without wishing to upset anyone, no customer aside professional skiers have any idea about, then the average 15mm shell fit will suit you just fine. Our average client leaves with around an 8mm shell fit and fingers crossed, we haven't see anything back. I've seen many, in the hundreds of UK bootfits and they are simply a cautious tidy effort.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another shout for Graham at Rivington Alpine, fitted my boots and managed to cure my wifes numb feet. Something a well known chain failed to do with three seperate visits.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for Graham!

Agree with Smallzookeeper, Graham put me in boots 2 sizes down to what I was wearing. Even though I have Wide/High Instep the boot was minipulated to fit.

One stretch done myself since and they are now like slippers.

I had worn the same boots for 5 years and thought the pain was due to my lack of fitness. That has now gone and I enjoy my ski-ing again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DoubleBombardino, another for Graham (we should all be on commission Laughing ) The shop is moving in a week or two so check the website for the new location http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anniepen, I knew they were moving soon, must check out the new store, as I've had no reason to go back since my boot fitting. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just been to the new Rivington Alpine store to furnish myself with my first pair of owned boots. Not yet been on a slope with them, but they feel like gloves on my feet!

Don't know what the old store was but the new one was ridiculously well stocked, plus you get to sit on a little stage when you're getting the boots fitted! Fantastic friendly and knowledgeable service and would definitely recommend.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
willc, good to hear - alas my nephew, the little fecker, ignored his sage uncle and went to S and R. He seemed to be pretty happy about it though so will switch control freak mode off. Good to know it was good and all the best with the new boots.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ventutra at St Helens
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy