Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode Miller - has he had his day?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New Hampshire celebrated "Bode Miller Day" on April 29th. Miller made it clear that his mind was still not made up over his return to the World Cup next season.
Quote:
... Miller said he still hasn’t decided whether he will return to the World Cup next season, and that he still is considering starting a “supplementary” ski circuit, an idea he also brought up in March.

Miller said he has talked to business people who like the idea, and other World Cup skiers, who said they would consider it. He did not name names.
Fosters Online article

[Over on www.snowracers.net there has been discussion of Bode Miller's concerns over his future in the official World Cup circuit, even his participation in the next Olympics...]

From February:
Quote:
Bode Miller's diary column in today's Denver Post has astonished the authorities with the suggestion that he not only may buck the system and quit the circuit, citing the poor conditions and pay most competitors receive, but that he may even consider setting up a separate professional circuit to rival the FIS World Cup following the 2006 Olympics.
Quote:
Quote:
"A lot of people are wondering if I'm going to retire after the 2006 Olympics, which is a possibility. One possibility is to take a year off after the Olympics. Another alternative is phasing myself out of the U.S. Ski Team and starting my own team. Team mate Erik Schlopy and I have talked about starting a new pro tour. Or we could put together a team that would compete on the World Cup. Each of the guys would have a salary, so guys who were not as good would get consistent pay.

I don't think the ski team treats the sport the way it deserves to be treated for the amount of money that's in it. Lots of guys on the team don't make a sufficient income to live on."

Friction between Miller and the authorities has been evident on more than one occasion this season. Once again, he lives up to his reputation as a rebel, and his outspoken views are increasingly being taken up by the media, bemoaning the lack of forward-thinking in the sport, poor tv coverage, dwindling spectator interest, and increasing demands on the athletes involved.

Plus further details in March

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 5-07-05 5:20; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck to him. Ski-racers have long sought the earning power and freedom that exists in sports like tennis and golf, which are run by the competing pros themselves. Even if Bode's circuit doesn't get off the ground, it may scare the FIS into conceding more freedoms to the athletes. Way back in 1985, a similar threat of a rival tour, by Bill Johnson, led to the FIS allowing racers to sell advertising spots on their helmets for the first time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To have any sport run by people other than those competing (past and present) is a nonsense.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin, the first racer who puts this logo

on his helmet deserves a very lucrative contract.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith,
surely you mean "Head Monster Supermojo, baby" - if I'm thinking what you're thinking...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy