Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Bandits...advie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, im looking at getting a pair of bandits off ebay for my next few ski trips, trouble is i dont really know which model is which, i dont know much about skis other than i love using them.

i would class my self as an intermediate looking to progress to advanced, comfortable on any piste, do a bit of off piste and a few jumps.

any advice gratly appreciated

cheers, Mat
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bookham_mat, I used the SC 80's last season for one week , had to hire as there was not room in the car to take our own skis. Really enjoyed the ski , great on piste and equally happy off piste. My current ski is the Fischer Watea 84.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used SC80s for the past couple of seasons.... iirc they're a 60:40 (piste:off Piste) ski.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bookham_mat, SC80's are the new bandits (new last year, or year before anyway). There are also a couple of different sizes of Bandits.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 29-10-10 22:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bookham_mat, If are you looking at buying used bandits I've a pair of B3s in 168 that I'm thinking of selling. I bought them new in December 2005 and they've had about 7 weeks skiing, and are in v good nick. PM me with your email if you are interested and I'll send you photos.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
or if your feeling adventurous..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rossignol-Bandit-Big-Mountain-Skis-/180578727788?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item2a0b54b76c#ht_500wt_1156

wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bookham_mat, What do they look like in the picture? I had a pair of Bandit B2 a few years ago. They had a sort of blue wave design on them. They were my first set of skis and I really liked them. Unfortunately I bought them a bit on the short side. I got them in 174cm, because that was the length I had previously hired. They were so much better than any of the hire skis I had before and I soon felt confident enough to go for something a bit longer to support my 100kg frame (6'3") when dabbling in powder. I now own a pair of K2 Xplorers (184cm) which do the trick. I would have tried the bandit again (or SC80) but got the xplorers at a great price.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bookham_mat, what length are you looking for we have some SC80's 2008/9?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi thanks for the replies. at the min im skiing some k2 fugatives at 176, i think with the bandits not being twin tips ill be looking slightly shorter, im 5, 10" and 12.5 stone. prob about 166 i think would be good.

Drluvski they have all different ones, they have the B2 you were takling about and the Sc80, just wasnt sure which was th newer model.

ennalsj, i've pm'd you my email address. same with you Mt.

thanks for the advice, im just after something a bit more of an all rounder, my fugatives are good but tricky to carve, takes a lot of effort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm similarish specs to you but less weight and I ski on 174cm B2's, I wouldn't get the shorter length.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ok,thanks. i just thought my 176 twin tips r perfect length, and as these are not twin tips shorted would be better. but i think ill take ur advice. could always do with a few extra inches
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bookham_mat, have sent you a pm.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I also have a pair of 174 Rossignol B2s which I no longer need.

They were purchased in December 2005 and had seven or eight weeks use up until March 2008. I then bought a pair of B83s in a summer sale which I have used ever since.

The B2s had a full Snow & Rock service at the end of the 2008 season costing about thirty quid but were never used afterwards. I kept them as a backup when I bought the B83s in case I encountered really bad conditions, however I never needed to go back to them.

I would say they are in pretty good condition (I would wouldn't I?). There was a little damage to the bases which was repaired and is which is not visible. The edges are excellent and have never been damaged.

I was about to put them on ebay however if someone here wants to make a decent offer then please send me a PM.

They would have to be collected from my home in Richmond, Surrey.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy