Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Alternative S** ***t thread

Poster: A snowHead
Perhaps to add some positivity to our trawling of threads, perhaps we could add a thread on who is the BEST TO that members have used, and why ?

Be interesting to see whether this could "beat" the other negative thread i am not referring to

Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It took me AGES to work out what you were talking about. Embarassed In case anyone else is having the same problem, the clue is: the box, when opened, released some very bad things. HTH. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I've been with a TO I've only ever used one of the big companies. Of these I would rate Inghams about the best.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Like a dog - around a tree" (4)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used Ski Olympic many times and never had a bad holiday with them, actually they have always been good to excellent. Used Silver Ski last year and also found them very good (and they have a massive number of people who use them every year).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink, When I've been with a TO I've only ever used one of the big companies. Of these I would rate Inghams about the best.

I agree with you and not just because I once had the pleasure of a round of golf with Michael Ingham son of the founder.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've visted people staying at Skiworld chalets a few times and been very impressed by staff and cooking standard.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
P10DW,

You must have been truly Starstruck wink .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Inghams.

Rarely had a problem, but always resolved to my satisfaction.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've used Skiworld 3 time now and they have always been very good, although I do now book my travel independently - can't be doing with Chambery at 9am!

Last year used Powderwhite and had a dreadful experience, so may well end up back with Skiworld this season, but always looking at independent operators as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Admin is the best* ski TO check out the the EOSB Very Happy

*So I'm told wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
second trip to Andorra was with Inghams - had a great time but it was around 17 years ago. Went with silverski in 2006. A very good experience and would highly recommend them. Went with alpine elements in 2007. Again had a good experience although I didn't agree with thir definition of luxury. I'd recommend them but with caveats. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle, Thanks for the tip - I was struggling a bit Embarassed

[Thread-hijack alert] I've never understood what 'hope' was doing in there with all the 'evils of the World'. You're a bright girl - any ideas?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Admin is the best* ski TO check out the the EoSB Very Happy

*So I'm told wink

But as Admin often points out, he is not a TO. More a sort of facilitator. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last time I used a TO was Bladon Lines to Verbier. They were so good that they don't exist anymore* Sad

*Or is Bladon Lines now know as Inghams?
latest report
I stayed with S** ***t last season had a great time wink I wonder why Laughing Laughing
snow report
Hurtle, Can you spell things out a bit more in future. It's taken me three days to get it even with the clue!

Been with SkiWorld 3 times and they were good, food especially. DirectSki were great the first year I went and still can't believe how good that chalet was for the money. Neilson I've had one good trip and one average. The good one was the cheaper one. I've had a couple of great trips with small firms that haven't been there the next year.
I never get on with rep's so no don't treat that as a reflection on the TO. I'dprefer never to see a rep unless I ask for then. Transfers are always too early.

adrian
ski holidays
Any chance of another clue (sorry, just arrived back here for winter!)???? Doh!
snow report
Go back five or six pages.

adrian

ps. It's not as intriguing as it sounds.
snow report
Red Leon, no idea. wikipedia goes into some detail on this - see 'difficulties of interpretation': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora

Lorenzo, there was a hugely long thread, in which a poster called Pandora had a big rant about a tour operator called Ski Beat.
ski holidays
... hence the new term "to throw a Pandora"
latest report
holidayloverxx, Did she have a nice box?
latest report
Scarpa, dunno - I've never seen it wink
snow report
holidayloverxx, Must be a black box then.
snow conditions
I do think that TO's get a bit of an unfair bashing. In the main they provide a reasonable service, generally at a reasonable price, and if you are after a catered chalet you often don't get a lot of choice, especially if you don't have the luxury of booking well in advance
snow report
Esprit (Now Inghams, although it is Total/Esprit team that are now running Inghams, I beleive)
snow report
Hurtle, holidayloverxx, Scarpa, Laughing Laughing Embarassed
latest report
Lots of decent to's out there. i know it's unfashionable to admit it but it's true and mostly the prices are better with to's ( if you are flying) than going alone at the moment and self packing plus you have financial bonding too unlike with the airlines.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've also had a couple of superb chalet holidays with SkiWorld and one with Total in the last 3 years - TOs can be a very convenient way to organise a holiday. I've also had some relatively cheap holidays with eg Crystal but would propbably only use them again on a late availability deal.
ski holidays
Trip to Cervinia last season with Inghams: good holiday, attentive reps. Probably too attentive for my liking, but only in relation to "please do come and join in this activity we have organised for you," not in any other context (unfortunately), before the more salacious snowheads suggest otherwise. Simple answer was just to do your own thing. Do others find the over helpful tour rep a pain ?
snow conditions
I've been with Thomson quite a few times, Skiworld and Crystal once each, and all of the holidays went perfectly well - apart from on a trip to Soll when there was poor snow, but I doubt even the tour operating gods 'ABTA' can do a great deal about that.
ski holidays
And now Ski Beat is owned by Directski.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy