Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid Week Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Due to my work commitments I need to be in the UK most weekends during the winter, but I do get the oppurtunity to be able to go Skiing mid-week, BUT all of the Alps appear to be geared to 'Conventional 7 day holidays (Sat/sat sun/Sun) or weekends.
Short of buying my own appartment/Chalet, (which we are looking at for a couple of years time) Has any one seen mid week breaks advertised or know of accommodation that charges sensible prices for 2/3 nights in the middle of the week?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
B&B is possible mid-week - such as here in Bourg SM. We only have one room that we use for this though, a double, suitable for one person or a couple.

http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/bnb.htm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, we've done midweek breaks to Serre Chevalier before (hubby works Sat am and it's hard to find a locum). Hotel found through www.logis-de-france.fr , but if you fancy self-catering our apartment in Monetier-les-Bains may be available by then .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, moving the thread to the Piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont,
Thanks I think.....
I did contemplate Trips but then I thought only Apre was the only thread getting visits at the weekend !(apart from B the EOSB threads!) Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, we're happy to offer per night stays in our chalet, Le Mouflon in La Rosiere 1850 but it depends on occupancy. It's more of problem in peak weeks, outside of those dates you'll find most chalet and hotel operators more than happy to take ad-hoc bookings. Self catered is usually more of a problem as most apartment owners gear their change-over/cleaning to weekly periods. You'll also find it more of a problem in resorts rather than places like Bourg St Maurice. We've always been able to find accomdation in BSM for guests who want an extra night or so.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, why not contact one of the TOs offering a weekend break. It stands to reason that they're empty during the week, and would probably be more than happy to accomodate you.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer,
Yep you would think so, but somewhat oddly they don't! Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, Hotel Vanoise in Plan Peisey (Les Arcs) gave me mid week to mid week and charged 58 Euros p.p.p.n. for half board twin with shower 3rd week in January. I paid 20 Euro single supplement. Ski-in, Ski-Out literally on top of the Vanoise Express link to La Plagne. Link for hotel website in Peisey-Vallandry Resort Report in alphabetical index. It is part of the Logis de France chain Helen uses.
Flights from S'ton to Chambery with Flybe are cheap midweek and not too far from your location. Trains to BSM only 14 Euros each way. Takes > 2 hours however as it stops everywhere. Hire car would usually be quicker and you could drive right up to Plan Peisey. Mid week breaks are possible. Keep looking.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, I used Flexible Breaks last year and went to Courmayeur. They were happy with mid week, we went Monday to Friday and stayed in an ok hotel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kuwait_ian, chrisb,
Thanks both options I hadn't come across. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Paulmc (who's a Snowhead) has an apartment here and is willing to let it for odd days/stays etc. Check back through the Chalets and Apartments forum for his details. His apartment is also on my website under "Easiski Specials" (www.easiski.com) If it's winter you can probably fly to Grenoble with Easyjet, or Lyon with almost everyone - hire a car and easy journey. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, there you are, tons of options already.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Add to that Easyjet's ski option, several chalets all of which are booked on a per-night basis not per-week, mostly Chamonix based.
There is a chalet in Verbier does the same www.verbierchalet.com a hotel I've used in the valley called Gietroz (plain, but clean and friendly, 5 min walk to cable car).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Out of peak season the estate agents in resorts will probably rent you and appartment. Also www.expedia.co.uk or maeva/pierre et vacances/MGM do short breaks to some resorts, usually advertised as weekend breaks but if someone's booked for a weekend there'll be some days when no-one is staying in it. In Flaine astrid immobilier would be able to help you out (see www.flaine.com). I also think that erna low do short lets in some resorts.

Worth noting that your flights will likely be cheaper than the usual weekend break!
ski holidays
Hello yes indeed, thank you Charlotte for the plug! Boredsurfing you are more than welcome to visit my fabulous home-made website at www.alpine-hideout.co.uk for some pics/info etc. Feel free to contact me if you want to know anything more. As Charlotte says, I'm quite prepared to let it for part weeks if thats what you want to do. All the best.
snow report
chrisb, I have seen Flexible Breaks' website but don't know anyone who has used them: would you recommend them?
snow report
Quote:

Boredsurfing you are more than welcome to visit my fabulous home-made website at www.alpine-hideout.co.uk for some pics/info etc.

Actually, its not fabulous, its got a few teething problems, but I'm working at it..... Confused
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
boredsurfin, there you are, tons of options already.

Almost an embarassment of riches. Very Happy Thank you all so far.......
Keep 'em coming

I should have asked much earlier this year!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 9-05-05 17:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
paulmck wrote:

Quote:
Actually, its not fabulous, its got a few teething problems, but I'm working at it..... Confused

Just had a quick look, seems OK at the Mo. I'll look properly later Smile
ski holidays
the ice perv, We went in 2004 and the deal was pretty good. From what I remember the accomodation was £35 per night and that included the transfer from the airport. They do get you to book your ski pass in advance, but I do not have much of an issue with that. One drawback is their transfer only picks up from the Stansted Ryanair flight to Turin, so if you live in the South that might be ok, but living in Newcastle it is now not worth it as Easyjet have started flights to Geneva. They gave a full rep service though for not much money, so good value I think.
snow report
I've been on about half a dozen short breaks myself and have always DIY'd without problem. Because you're usually better off hiring a car, slopeside accomodation isn't as important.

This means prices drop and flexability increases as you move away from the slopes. Even as little as little as 1K (in other words a very short drive to the lift and a nice evening stroll to town).

Just pick a resort, research it a little on their website, on here and on SCGB as to the layout of the resort and accomodation and then blitz all the Hotels with requests (got to love "cut 'n paste"). Nowt to it really.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy