Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - now or late

Poster: A snowHead
Have been to St Anton a couple of times but always as part of a 1-week TO deal.

Planning to do DIY trip in March - fly to Zurich, train etc.

Shall I book accomodation now or leave it late?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For DIY in Austria I always book early.
From what I know they won't change the price and offer you any better deal last minute.
If you want something cheaper/close to lifts try now.

The only thing is that early most of them might take only week Sat-Sat bookings.

I booked Schaldming/Bad Gastein this week for January trip and was surprised how many places were not available already.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with Tom, book now and go DIY, avoid operators, look at www.arlberg.com for accommodation, some great pensions and b&b's and send emails. Fly to Zurich or Munich, and hire a car (or train from Zurich) IMO.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
franga, think 5-12 March is Fasching week this year. I'm not heading out this year but the lads did find it more difficult than usual to book for that week. Definitely book now though. try getting to stay at Haus Angelika if you can - great location between Galzigbahn and Rendlbahn. Personally I would fly to Innsbruck if you can.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks everyone - will book now!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
St A - book now!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
franga, Can you fly to Innsbruck from Manchester??....the transfer time is twice as fast from there than it is from Zurich??

We over this side of the water have to use Zurich after O'Leary killed the Innsbruck route from here.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dazman wrote:
franga, Can you fly to Innsbruck from Manchester??....the transfer time is twice as fast from there than it is from Zurich??

We over this side of the water have to use Zurich after Fitzwilliam O'Leary killed the Innsbruck route from here.

No, but there is a Liverpool -> Innsbruck flight with Easyjet
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks dazman and kitenski.

Innsbruck would be ideal but flight times not great for a short weekend trip. Why would anyone want to fly back at 11AM on a Sunday!

Dazman - have you ever done the Zurich trip? Think it takes about 3 hours which is not bad?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
franga, Have you managed to get accommodation yet? Not very many places offer beds for a weekend or anything less than 7 nights this far in advance
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Franga, If you've got 4 people, you can get a return transfer for about €160 per person.....and you'll do the trip in about 1 3/4 hours.

If you get the Arlberg Express Coach it will take 3 hours....splash out, you'll love it.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 4-11-10 18:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dazman - Is that 160 Euros from Munich to/ from St Anton? if so with Arlberg Express?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29, Yes but with their taxi service not their airport shuttle.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dazman - Just went on their website and it says 980 Euros return for 4 people, ie 245 Euro pp with the taxi, I must be missing something? Any chance you could post a link....? Thought I was looking at the Maybach transfer!!

Seriously I am keen for our February week but at 120 pp its OK, 245 pp its a no-go with them. Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can take train fm Munich to St Anton for about €39-€51 each way. Not sure how that compares to the ease of the Arlberg Express. But we have booked a trip via Munich and we plan to train it fm there. Based on the DB website schedule, it will be just over 4 hours travel time with one transfer.
ski holidays
Toadman - Seems like a long transfer, we plan on skiing same days as arrival/ departure. Have always hired a car in th past but getting expensive so was looking at taxis but megabucks I think. Train srvice very good, clean, prompt but slow. 2 hours max in car.
snow conditions
On reflection 2.5 - 3 hours but less hassle than train........and a fair wind and no Polizei around! wink

Dazman - keen to hear back where you got the c. 160 Euro retun info from? Cheers.
snow conditions
€440 round trip for 4 adults from Munich using http://www.tirol-taxi.at/2010b/index.php
ski holidays
Have to say accommodation for a long weekend in limited supply at the moment guys (unless willing to splash out for one of the top-end hotels).

Hopefully some late deals / avail nearer the time.

Have booked flights to Zurich and will look at transfers next week - will let you know if I come across anything cheap.
latest report
Boabski - looks perfect, have you used them? Are they prompt, good service, smart taxis etc? Great find if they are quality, all reads good but keen to get more intel from you or anyone who has used this service??
snow report
Franga - Try Willis Pils-stube in Stuben (google it)...................great apres ski, mega location and access to ski area. Same ski area as St Anton and staying in a quieter village, great rates and I know they do weekend breaks. I wouldnt wait, it'll get worse, keep persevering you'll find somewhere, we always do. Also worth trying Pettneu, down the valley 3-4 miles and on St Anton free bus, you'll get sorted but IMO book now, you'll just miss out if you wait, honestly been there before!!
ski holidays
There seem to be a lot of St. Anton experts on this thread - do any of you know where to find a deal on lift tickets?
ski holidays
Alexandra - Is there such a thing? Never heard of deals in my experience...............please post if you find one!
ski holidays
franga, as boabski and Tom W mention it will be very tricky to get anyone offering you a long weekend this far out. If they do it means they have ruled out a week long booking which is obviously more profitable. So they will tend to just say they have no accomodation until a few weeks out when it makes more sense to take shorter bookings.

Markymark29, I'd allow three hours from Munich. There are two semi permanent manned speed traps on the A12/E60 around Landeck both on the approaches to tunnels (one in each direction). You know you are arriving at them as the speed limit drops to 80, 60, 40 in quick succesion and the road narrows to one lane at which point you will see the police car. They will cheerfully spot fine you if you were caught exceeding any of the limits on the approach. There are also numerous cameras the length of the route.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy