Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Steering, rotation turns help please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I have about 6 seasons experience, had private lessons and courses. I'm a solid intermediate as in rarely a danger to myself or anyone else on the slopes. Happy with anything pisted. All gets a bit shakey on anything narrow, rutted or choppy. Hopeless on real bumps.

I use normal skidded turns and I can carve confidently. However neither of these methods seem particularly effective in the above conditions. I can't seem to turn cleanly or sharply enough when trying to scrub speed or change direction.

Earlier threads on bump skiing and skidding turns, refer to rotation and steered turns - using little or no edge. These have never been mentioned to me by any instructor and don't seem to be in my armoury.

So in short, what are they, are they effective in my problem conditions and how do I do them.

All advice gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
godthatssteep, there is a lot on steered turns in Rick Schnellman's DVDs - http://www.yourskicoach.com/YourSkiCoach/Your_Ski_Coach_Home.html

Lots of very clear demos and graded exercises to ensure you don't just swish the tails around. I've found them very helpful. The most advanced stuff on the DVDs is well above my level (one-legged 360s Shocked ) but they're all well worth a watch, and only the price of a couple of private lessons.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy