Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken edge - is it worth fixing? + recommendations for a good repair shop in Ldn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I managed to knock probably about 1.5 inches off the edge on my Nordica Nitrous'. Also, another half inch has come loose. 99% of the damage is on the slightly raised tail.

Anyone know a repair shop in the SW/W London area that would do a great job with some epoxy and replacement edge? Figure that with a good repair and using that edge as the outside edge they may still be usable - also does anyone have an idea of appx cost for such a repair?

Thanks - appreciate the help
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh - to put this in perspective, they were new to me that week off Ebay for £150 in great condition, and i blew the edge 4th day using them. Because of that it would be great to get them repaired - i really enjoyed them till i ruined the bugs!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best thing is to take them to a shop and chat to the techs there.

I have a pair of Solomon 1080's where the edge came away on one of the tails. The guys at S&R in Chertsey chopped the loose bit away, filled the gap with resin and its been fine for the last 4 weeks away.

(But I'm off to the Birmingham Ski Show at the weekend so it might be their last gasp).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bartletts if you don't mind going NW.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mylespe, another vote for Bartletts or try Finches which is SE london
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mylespe, for a ski of that value & for damage in that location it's definately not worth the cost of an edge repair which, in addition to the section of new edge, requires a piece of base being removed & then patched etc. The damaged area just needs epoxying & clamping.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy