Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday suggestions please for uancompanied 16 and 18 year old teenagers please

Poster: A snowHead
I have just found out that I can't go away at half term. My 2 boys will be doing exams this summer meaning an easter trip is out, and New Year is committed for family stuff) and their friends are going with school which is "boring". They would be up for a holiday with other teenagers and we're after ideas as to what outfit they could go with. They are very good all-round skiers, can get down everything faster than me now and with good technique. They wouldn't be averse to a good course or off-piste guiding. They're up for hostel or teenage-friendly hotel package but I assume normal family TOs wouldn't take them without an associated adult.

UCPA with Action-Outdoors seems to be the only option I've found so far - reviews are mixed and they wouldn't be allowed to share a room - as adults (ie 18+) cannot share with children - even if they are brothers 2 years apart in age!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
18 is an adult.

Any TO would take an 18 year old with a 16 year old.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From my experience of ski trips in my late teens, they'll require a resort with an abundance of cheap alcohol / cigs and fit young women, And if they're pulling they'll want a room each.
Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most of the reviews of UCPA on snowheads are good. I haven't been (too old by a long way) but family members have (to Flaine and Chamonix) and rated the centres highly. Maybe they could do the off piste option at Argentiere - something they might not have a chance to do with school or on a family holiday?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you could get your boys to les Contamines (Easyjet to Geneva with reasonably short bus transfer), they could go on holiday with a bunch of Belgian families... it advertises 2 person rooms for 580 € for the 18 year old and 565€ for the 16 year old, 6 nights and all inclusive. I've seen quite a few of these adverts in our area of Belgium, but apart from the UCPA holidays which really are cheap, this one is the cheapest I have found for adults and children together. You could always phone UCPA and ask if the 16 year old could count as an 18 year old, in order to be eligible for the young adult holidays 18-25 years.
http://www.actionsport.be/voyages-prochains-departs-ski.php
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I accompanied my 16 and x2 18 year old stepchildren to UCPA Tignes. The 16 year old was placed in the youth section and I shared with the 18 year old. The youth section was occupied solely by school groups and there were no other english there so after 2 nights we negotiated to bring my stepdaughter to the adult side. They were really quite unhappy to do this and seemed convinced that the youngsters would behave badly (there are draconian laws regarding drinking underage). I would suggest that you lie about their ages (pay the hostel deposit in Euros so that they don't see the passports). If you trust your youngsters, say that they are both 18 or if you think a bit of supervision would help, say that they are both under 18. Tignes was fabulous. This was my 4th holiday with UCPA (I lie about my age too as I am 44) and I wouldn't ski any other way!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have some suggestions but you have to have a proficient adult level of spelling, e.g. Words such as "unaccompanied"
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SuburbanSkier, Great question- let us know what happens...

I have lots of smaller kids 11-4. Eldest a tidy skier alpine and now getting down steep stuff telemark, middle fine on piste and baby a maniac in the making.

I would worry about a few things on and off the slopes. All that said I went on a fair few outdoor holidays 16-18 and they may have been some of the most important things I have ever done in terms of long term interests. Could they stay in a youth hostile / hostel?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Given the OP was in 2010, the boys will both be adults now!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd give UCPA a call, or at least Action Outdoors, the UK partner, and ask about the sharing thing. I found them VERY flexible and helpful with the trip I had booked last season when I couldn't take it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, hmm yes Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd think UCPA was perfect. All in holiday. Every standard of skiing. Instant community. The coach trip is horrendous but then they can stand that at that age. My first ski trip was La Plagne UCPA.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I reckon they're old enough by now (3 years later) to be making these decisions for themselves...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perfect, so now UCPA is clear favourite
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
peanuthead wrote:
I have some suggestions but you have to have a proficient adult level of spelling, e.g. Words such as "unaccompanied"

How come you are so good at spelling and still manage never to post anything informative? Pseudo clever troll?
snow report
peanuthead wrote:

How come you are so good at spelling and still manage never to post anything informative? Pseudo clever troll?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy