Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wide fitting ski boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Help! Help1 Help!
Please could anyone recommend a performance ski boot to fit a foot of 115mm, I know before the comments come in I would be better as a swimmer rather than a skier, but swimming just doesn't do it for me the same way skiing does.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

painfully yours

jambo Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jambo1, what about barefoot waterskiing?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know about their foot widths, but Lowa boots are suited to a larger calf, so may be worth a sniff.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have wide feet and they are as flat as Jimmy McFlat, winner of last years flat foot competition and i wear Head Edge +11 and they are great.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic B90 are about as wide as a wide thing. Worth considering, they were the only option I've been really comfortable in ever. That said, they're a bit too big for me, but I like them when I've got to spend all day in them. Plus they were cheap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been skiing some 30+ years and have always had boot problems. If I buy a boot that's wide enough, it's too long ... I have about an inch of space in front of my toes; if I buyone the right length, it cripples me by being too tight. Last year, finally bit the bullet and went to Lech and was fitted for a pair of Strolz ... perfection! £600+, but worth every penny!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bobdog wrote:
I've been skiing some 30+ years and have always had boot problems. If I buy a boot that's wide enough, it's too long ... I have about an inch of space in front of my toes; if I buyone the right length, it cripples me by being too tight. Last year, finally bit the bullet and went to Lech and was fitted for a pair of Strolz ... perfection! £600+, but worth every penny!

Oh, good. Popcorn time snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spud9, I'm just settling in myself. Reckon we'll get at least 6 pages out of this wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Width is relative to length, how long is that foot?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER,Width is relative to length

Are you talking about feet, or boots?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
P10DW, Both
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jambo1, +1 for Head Edge + boots. Check their website as they may specify the width (at least they used to), plus you can always get them blown out too if needs be.

Might be handy if we knew if your were Mr or Ms Jambo1 too.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Basil, 104mm in size 26- 26/5 Heel is about the same width too. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For my education when a manufacteur quotes a last (width) size is this always for a standard length and is there a way of knowing what the widths in other sizes will be?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
betterinblack, Yes but it's not going to be published i hope.
latest report
betterinblack, Sorry that souns a bit stupid. But yes, a few years back I worked with a few manufacturers, the cumilation of a fair amount of work. Shortly after with the information i gathered i was able to put together a chart with all this data on to help me train people to do the job quicker and easier. It was a massive amount of work at the time and to my knowledge only the manufactuerers and 2 other people have a copy. This info i hope will be worth something to someone and was, as I say a labour of love. So I hope it will not be published here.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Sounds like muppetry on the part of the manufacturers to not document the specific dimensions of the SKUs they were making or are you saying they've had it all along but don't want to share it with bootfitters or the public?
ski holidays
Of course they have it, it's a simple equasion, but a few years back, say 10 there were massive differences between manufacturers. Since that time people have changed companies and taken the knowledge with them, thus today there is very little between the manufacturers and models. This is great on one hand, you can pretty much chose a brand and there will be a boot to fit, equivelent to any other brand. Howver partially educated can be dangerous. If people were capable of measuring their feet and selecting the best shell for them selves based on such info, why woukld people have such peoblems with bootfitting in the first place, surely a saturday kid that's measured say 10 feet and armed with the info is going to be better placed than a sole customer who has done it once for themselves.
As has been said before, it's not an exact science, and therefore the information spoken of here needs to be treated as an aid to the overall process, and not treated as a simple fact that alows for precise customer selection.
ski holidays
without divuldging any information on lasts in various sizes..... the OP asked for a performance boot for a wide foot, neither the Head edge or the Atomic B 90 are particularily performance level boots, great recreational boots for the right foot but not performance boots

there is a B 120 available but it is on the soft side feeling for a boot of that stiffness, also Head make the vector Ltd 103mm last in a 120 flex, lange also have the RX or RS wide which whilst 100mm last (narrower than the others is a good performance boot in a reasonable width, it is fairly simple to kake a boot wider and often when people say they have a wide foot and we measure them it comes up as a medium or medium to wide, and they have problems as they have never been in the correct size of ski boot or with adequate support under their foot, if the foot/arch collapses the forefoot will rotate outwards which will make if "function " wide so with the correct set up a wide boot is not required

hope that helps
ski holidays
Salamon RS8's, just bought for the Mrs at the weekend, to replace the too tight Atomic B90.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy