Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alps Instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Just booked LDA for Xmas Very Happy . 2 Adults, 2 children (13, 11). The children have had bad experiences with ski school in the past and the only way they will go is if we don't put them in! My son continues to make good progress (he's an active boy, and fearless!!), but my daughter really doesn't want to go (tough), although last year she did not ski every day. OH and I have well and truely plateaued, so I was thinking of booking a couple of family lessons. Puzzled

Does anyone have any advice, or recommendations?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.easiski.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Rob. Can you tell me anything about this? Have you used them?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ktk, easiski has been a member of snowheads for years and many, many folk have had lessons with her and I don't think I've ever seen a bad word written about the lessons or her teaching style.

a load of snowheads went with her in March last year, last post has some pics and reviews etc here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54987&start=280
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, Charlotte who is easiski has taught a number of people on the forum, including me, and gets good reviews.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ktk, easiski is a snowHead and gives regular updates from Les 2 Alpes.

Search on her name for what people say about her, I don't think you'll find anything but extremely positive comments about her teaching ability.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Charlotte (Easiski). And if she can not do it herself she will put you in touch with other excellent independent instructors. She's very flexible with times and days etc.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, I'm being dense now!! I've read the reviews and would like to contact Charlotte, but I can't find the email (other than a pic that doesn't work because I don't use Outlook). Can anyone give me her email address please.

Thanks!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've private messaged you with it
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you Gareth. I've sent an email!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ktk wrote:
Hi, Just booked LDA for Xmas Very Happy . 2 Adults, 2 children (13, 11). The children have had bad experiences with ski school in the past and the only way they will go is if we don't put them in! My son continues to make good progress (he's an active boy, and fearless!!), but my daughter really doesn't want to go (tough), although last year she did not ski every day. OH and I have well and truely plateaued, so I was thinking of booking a couple of family lessons. Puzzled

Does anyone have any advice, or recommendations?

Thanks!

See PM
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know it's the off-season, but was wondering about easiski....haven't "seen" her around here for a while. Thought we might be getting some pre-season reports now we're knocking on the door of the new season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
She's working back in the UK for a bit longer than usual.. check her blog on easiski.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just checked myself - looks like Charlotte's back in town!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
she's briefly back in LDA at the moment, then back here for a while before going back for the winter in late November.

ktk, My daughter (14) has had lessons with Charlotte the last 3 years at Easter, this is her skiing which shows that her tuition gives good results and we''ll be back for more next Easter. The first of those years we had father/daughter lessons which, although not ideal, Charlotte made work well.
ski holidays
Not wishing to be controversial here but why do parents shove their cherished one's into ski school anyway? What's wrong with scooting around with family and friends, with maybe the odd private lesson to give them a boost.
snow conditions
Layne, How many reasons do you want?
- so they dont end up skiing like a bag of spanners
- so they ski with children of a similar ability and age
- so they can ski something more challenging than they could with their parents as they've overtaken them
etc, etc (there's still another 6 hours a day for family skiing anyway)
only applies to the right "ski school" (probably not the correct term really)
snow report
IMHO skiing is like driving - never teach a close relative. It'll end in tears.
latest report
Layne, I'm sort of with you. We have been skiing 5 times and the children only did ski school for the first two. We love skiing as a family, but now that the children are getting better (than us!!) I feel they need a little professional input to point them in the right direction. I also think that OH and I would also benefit from Charlotte's words of wisdom as we feel that we have rather plateaued.

Many thanks to all the replies. I have contacted Easiski and Charlotte is busy sorting us out!
snow report
Re Lessons
It depends on what you want from your skiing.
Always always take lessons. No matter how good you think you are, and especially when you are at that plateau.
Top professional sportsmen and women at the top of their game have even more lessons.
Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanence, and you can practise that wrong technique as often as you like and you'll perfect getting it wrong.
A mistake I made...
There is the balance to be had and as Colin B says, there is plenty of time in the day for the family ski.
Get them in there and yourselves, it will pay dividends...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 29-10-10 17:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
she's briefly back in LDA at the moment, then back here for a while before going back for the winter in late November.

ktk, My daughter (14) has had lessons with Charlotte the last 3 years at Easter, this is her skiing which shows that her tuition gives good results and we''ll be back for more next Easter. The first of those years we had father/daughter lessons which, although not ideal, Charlotte made work well.

Thank you so much for this. My daughter is slowly coming around and seeing Natalie skiing so beautifully is inspiring!
latest report
ktk, thanks, a lot of that is down to Charlotte.
snow report
ktk, another satisfied easiski customer here - have a great holiday. And do what Charlotte says. Or she'll smack your leg with a ruler. wink Even when you think she's miles away, she'll spot you from a chairlift and will see that you're not doing what you're told...
snow conditions
David Ash sent me a link to this thread, and I'd like to thank everyone for their kind comments. I am, indeed, in touch with KTK. I really do appreciate the recommendations and the confidence.

I'm still writing regular snow reports on my blog, and am active on Facebook and Twitter, however I have not been on snowheads for a while as has been noted. The off piste trip business was really the last straw I'm afraid, on top of the very nasty comments when I posted about my friends' apartment for sale. There are people here who refuse to believe that anyone would do anything for nothing, and as I am sensitive to the nasty comments which were having a very bad effect on my health, I stopped! Sorry. Sad
latest report
Colin B wrote:
ktk, My daughter (14) has had lessons with Charlotte the last 3 years at Easter, this is her skiing which shows that her tuition gives good results.
What lovely, fluid skiing!
snow conditions
Hurtle, Thanks. She needs to become less ladylike and more dynamic though according to Charlotte, hard taskmaster wink Working this week in Tignes on skiing with her feet further apart as a priority plus a few more things.
snow report
easiski wrote:
The off piste trip business was really the last straw I'm afraid, on top of the very nasty comments when I posted about my friends' apartment for sale. There are people here who refuse to believe that anyone would do anything for nothing, and as I am sensitive to the nasty comments which were having a very bad effect on my health, I stopped! Sorry. Sad

I didn't read the threads that you mention, but I know that there are people here as you describe.
The reason that they cannot believe that you could be doing something for nothing is because they could never act in that way themselves, so will always be suspicious of altruism in others.
I know it's difficult, but it's best to ignore them.

How is his highness getting on these days? I still have very fond memories Very Happy
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
www.easiski.com

The one. The only. The incomparable.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B wrote:
Hurtle, Thanks. She needs to become less ladylike and more dynamic though according to Charlotte, hard taskmaster wink Working this week in Tignes on skiing with her feet further apart as a priority plus a few more things.
Fair enough, I can see that, but it is beautifully fluid all the same.
snow report
Colin B,

Quote:
"so they dont end up skiing like a bag of spanners"

If you ski like a "bag of spanners" shouldn't you be taking lessons with the children.

Quote:
"so they ski with children of a similar ability and age"

And that is important because? What's wrong with siblings, cousins, friends?

Quote:
"so they can ski something more challenging than they could with their parents as they've overtaken them"

Really? Is this a genuine reason for most?

What is the minimum number of kids they have in ski school... 6/8. Are they really going to all be the same age and ability. Will the really get lots of good instruction. Will they get to challenge themselves. Sometimes if you are lucky.

Just to be clear I am not saying parents should never put their kids in ski school. But as an adult I have only done two full weeks in ski school (and I reckon that was almost too much). After that I have just had the odd private lesson.

Layne
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
But as an adult I have only done two full weeks in ski school (and I reckon that was almost too much).

Why do you think that two weeks of ski school was almost too much?
snow report
Layne, I really can't be bothered to respond to that.
snow report
rob@rar,

Quote:
Why do you think that two weeks of ski school was almost too much?

I did two weeks consecutively when I first went skiing. By the middle of the second week I was tired of the routine and was at a part where I just needed to ski, rather than having the restriction of keeping half a dozen people together and going over the same technique tips. By that point I had got what I needed to do. I just need the mileage under the ski's to embed it. I skied perhaps another 4/5 weeks before having a private lesson. That was brilliant because it was intense and very clearly highlighted 2 or 3 bad habits that had crept in. For the rest of the week I was able to concentrate on correcting those.

I coach volleyball and have played and been coached in other sports. It is neither possible or logical to coach in the way of having a whole week of lessons every time you go skiing. All IMO of course. I am open to persuasion. Hence why I asked the question in the first place. I can see how ski school can be handy for child minding or for having someone to ski with if you are solo skier but then that's not really a school.

I loved the first week and half of ski school btw. I was only with one mate who had already done 3 or 4 trips. It was good to be with others just starting out and the school bumped a couple of slow learners down a class and vice versa so we learnt at the right pace for us. For those further down the line I think instructors are great in small doses to give you a kick up the backside, point out faults, what to do about them, and point out things to do to improve. Or to learn to ski bumps or powder or whatever better.

Layne
snow report
Layne, ah, I see. You think that two consecutive weeks of instruction is too much, not two weeks over a lifetime. I'd tend to agree with that. When I did a two-week course I was physically and mentally drained by the end of it, and had to work incredibly hard during the last few days of the course to make the changes in my skiing I wanted to make. I think a week at a time is plenty, although I wouldn't recommend stopping after just two week's worth.
snow report
easiski wrote:
David Ash sent me a link to this thread, and I'd like to thank everyone for their kind comments. I am, indeed, in touch with KTK. I really do appreciate the recommendations and the confidence.

I'm still writing regular snow reports on my blog, and am active on Facebook and Twitter, however I have not been on snowheads for a while as has been noted. The off piste trip business was really the last straw I'm afraid, on top of the very nasty comments when I posted about my friends' apartment for sale. There are people here who refuse to believe that anyone would do anything for nothing, and as I am sensitive to the nasty comments which were having a very bad effect on my health, I stopped! Sorry. Sad

Shocked

Sorry to hear that easiski.

And what a shame that whatever was written has resulted in another valued contributor no longer feeling that they can continue to add value to snowHeads. The forum is devalued IMO.
snow conditions
Quote:

And what a shame that whatever was written has resulted in another valued contributor no longer feeling that they can continue to add value to snowHeads. The forum is devalued IMO.

+1
ski holidays
Quote:

+1
snow report
+1
ski holidays
what was written? All I can find is something about whether the place was 20 sqm or 30 sqm Puzzled
latest report
My first experience of skiing was two weeks of full day lessons and I loved it!
We were all at the same level (complete novices) at the beginning, and it was as much fun watching others progress as it was 'getting it' myself - and particularly satisfying if I managed to master a new skill before some of the others (didn't happen often)

As with all these things it's horses for courses. I didn't have any lessons on my last holiday and thought my skiing suffered, so next year it's back to group lessons for me - perhaps just a couple of hours a day though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy