Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

holiday advertising

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I called up to book a bargain trip to Sauze d' Oulx from Bristol to Turin, £579 reduced to £349,last Monday. I was told that it was no longer available,"just sold out". Three days later the same holiday is still advertised with the same holiday company, so i called to try again only to be told that the last room was just sold this morning! but we have an alternative at £704! This is getting more common....which holiday company's actually advertise at the price they are selling? can we start a topic where we name and shame these cowboy outfits in an attampt to stop them wasting our time and misleading us.
I don't want to seem like a stinge because I will pay the going rate,but if you see a bargain you will go for it!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes this really hacks me off , I am all for naming and shaming. I do not mind if the headline holiday is not ideal i.e out of the correct season, but if advertised should be bookable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isn't Bait & Switch advertising illegal? Maybe a quick call to the relevant Trading Standards office might be in order?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Maybe a quick call to the relevant Trading Standards office might be in order?

^^^This.....as opposed to pulling a Pandora
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agreed regarding the Trading Standards, but I think that is down to the individual...call me bitter if you want but I think that sometimes negative publicity for a holiday outfit that are clearly misleading the pundits (bait and switch) may be more of a deterent, especially if they become aware of the negative publicity....bit like Tripadvisor,really, we are just passing on our experiences. Perhaps any post should record good as well as bad.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyjc, Ahh, but you don't know what rotation period the company use for their marketing - they could have put the headline figure up on a Monday, sold out 2 minutes before you initially rang, and are then not due to replace their headline deals until the following Monday, for example.....all legitimate and above board.

The moral of the story is, you're just bitter because you missed out. You snooze, you lose. End of.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Voice of Reason, but if they sold out 2 minutes before he first rang, why did they tell him they "just sold the last room this morning" when he rang a few days later? sounds fishy to me.

You don't read the post properly and make a stupid comment, you're a moron. end of NehNeh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, ermm, hence the reason he should report it to trading standards, who can investigate on his behalf.

I am a moron though. My aim in life is to be cool. Like you. Any tips?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just missed out on monday when i rang. They were still advertising the same deal 3 days later,when i rang again and....i'd just missed out again! If i miss a legitimate bargain then too bad I agree with you..." I snooze I lose"! I think this and other holiday company's are misleading the pundits though and wasting our time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyjc, Would you have felt any better if they had said 'We sold that 3 days ago' ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A couple of thoughts from me;
a) the person who answered the phone didn't know when they actually sold out of that particular deal
b) there is a time disconnect between the actual availability and the site update.

Not that I'm trying to justify anything and agree it's annoying and possibly misleading but isn't that what a lot of manufacturers do but give it a proviso of "whilst stocks last" or Airlines saying "from £0.99?"
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would have felt better if they hadn't told me the same thing (we've just sold the last one) 3 days apart. If they had sold out on monday remove the banner from the shop window, within a reasonable time period, instead of advertising something that doesn't exist.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy