Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School Trip to Le Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, i'm 15 years old, and did my Snowlife 9 star a year or so ago. I'm off on a school trip to le Plagne in april, and was wondering if anyone knew and decent off piste/parks/decent blacks to present more of a challenge? (for a few of us who have been skiing for longer than the others..) I've got a mate whos into park and pipe whos pretty good, and im more of a powder/racing kinda guy, but neither of us have been to the resort before, so i was hoping to have a few background ideas before i left...
Any comments appreciated, Cheers Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

There is a half pipe, and 2 snow parks so your friend will be pretty pleased I imagine! For blacks / off piste try the runs between Plagne Centre and Montalbert or head up to the Glacier and try the reds and blacks down from there - about as challenging as you'll get anywhere.

If you get any tuition with the trip ask your instructor to take you to the North Face of the Bellecot glacier for off-piste. It's an awesome off piste run but DONT try it without an instructor - the route isn't obvious and it's about a 30 min walk and then 20 mins in a car at the end to get back so you'll need a guide to set it up.

There's an interactive piste map here: http://www.la-plagne.com/fr/hiver/toute-la-glisse/168-plan-des-pistes.html

Have a good trip!

Heather
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Heather I'll check it out, sounds awesome Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heather are you really serious, you have no idea how this kid skis (unless you know him) and you are telling him to go down the North Face. Even with a guide, I do not know many 15 year olds that I would take down that route. Plus when was the last time you did this route, walking and a car ride. Do not think so, not since the VE opened. I think I skied that route 50 plus times last season at least. Sorry to jump on you but really!!! rolling eyes

fredtb, if you are on a school trip from the UK they will have ski school Instructor arranged for all levels. If not then get your parents to speak with the teacher in charge. I do not know many teachers who allow youngsters to ski unsupervised these days. they would loose there jobs at the very least if you had an accident.

What you can do is ask your instructor to take you to the snow parks above Belle Plagne and Plagne centre plus even over on the Les Arcs side or Champery area. The one in Les Arcs is where many pros hang out every winter. Might be a few around when you are there. Really hard core jumps etc. The half pipe is in Bellecote Plagne but by easter it might be very soft. The blacks and reds plus the nature ride runs all over the place are great and if you are really good enough then there is some amazing off piste, but stay safe and do as your instructor says. If you are allowed off piste you will need all the safety gear. Easter time can be very dangerous. Have a great trip.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy wrote:
fredtb, if you are on a school trip from the UK they will have ski school Instructor arranged for all levels. If not then get your parents to speak with the teacher in charge. I do not know many teachers who allow youngsters to ski unsupervised these days. they would loose there jobs at the very least if you had an accident.

Exactly mate, nothing wrong with wishful thinking Fred, but I had to go through the monotony of group skiing with less able skiers up until the end of sixth form. If the rest of your group is at a similar ability level to yourself your instructor will show you parts of the mountain you wouldn't have seen alone. But, depending on how strict your teachers are the amount of off piste you will see might be limited.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy + Leeds Skier,

Snowcrazy, thanks for the extra info, if id done more background i'd know that the North Face was way out of a school groups league... We always have instructors, but usually, half the group gets knackered by lunch, and then the sports team guys and girls, and those with more skiing experience have the opportunity to do a little more adventurous and challenging skiing. The snow parks look pretty cool, and it'd be awesome to see some guys who really know what they're doing pull some tricks. Thanks for the extra knowledge, ill take my extra kit with me Smile thanks, i'm sure we will

Leeds skier, luckily this is the senior trip and they divvy the groups up fairly small so i'm sure we'll still have a blast Wink. I'll chat with the teachers and instructor to see what the plan is for the week, and just take it as it comes Smile.

Thanks guys, its pretty awesome to be able to just post this and now at least i've got some background and a few ideas on places to go, at a resort i've never skiied before... Much appreciated
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

Sorry - my bad. I'd thought originally that when you'd written "powder/racing" you meant that you were a ski racer Embarassed but just re-read it and realised that's not what you'd written at all. Sorry!

Have a great week away and enjoy it!

Heather
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy