Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Xenon 9 skis -- Anyone skiied on them ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was looking for a pair of Head Xenon 10s - not much luck so far. But noticed that the Xenon 9 (2008) has the same appealing side cut 127-75-112 with a wacky 13m turn radius at 170 cm. Anyone tried these - I'd be v. interested to hear your opinions. Looking for something a bit wider - mainly for piste, but also serious off-piste (60:40 or so). Have read elsewhere that they don't hold well on ice (though I am not looking for skates!). A few comments about tip chatter - is the binding the RF12 or RF11 -- seem to read conflicting statements.

How do they compare to the iSupershape or Supershape Magnum (or 2011 Titan)?

Currently skiing on the Xenon 4 - much narrower, but also very, very light - which is what I really like about the most (much less tiring after a long day in the mogul field).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your looking for a 60/40 ski i really think your looking down the wrong line.. i would say the zenon line is around 90/10
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe - but the 127-75-112 side cut is wider than most piste skis I've come across, but not up to "mid fat" underfoot -- what I especially like is the super lightweight construction and this one (along with X10) is the widest in the range.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
75 is a tooth pick now a days!

personally with them % on to off piste and looking at a ski that can cope with hard pack i would be looking at things like atomic crimsons, salomon enduros, k2 aftershock... the list continues.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ohh and if you want light then it maybe worth looking away from system skis...

so things like scott missions, atomic crimson renu, or if you want really light and willing to pay for it scott crusair!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any views on the Supershape i Titan ? Looks pretty substantial. Not that I have a fixation (haha) on head. Will look into those other skis - thanks.

Still interested in any views on those Xenon 9 boards/toothpicks -- Happy

Edit: Had a look at those Scotts. Zoinks! 127mm/89mm/115mm -- See what you mean.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Titan is a big leap up from a Xenon 4. It is an amazing ski and is super smooth and stable, really not the best in powder but as a piste ski there is not much to touch it and as we have sold 70% of our preseason order it looks like many people agree.

Dynastar Contact Groove is a really solid piste ski and I found it good in powder for such a stable ski. Scott Crusade is another great option
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CharlieL, even that is narrow now a days! if you want a real laugh check out the K2 hell bent!

The supershape Titan is an awsome ski, I would say its still majority piste as Simon said (Yes i can see a game coming one here) Just think it is worth a mention that fat skis are more manageable than ever before! and if you really are looking at spending 40% of your time off piste (we all would love to lets face it!) then you should really look at some of the free ride skis mentioned! they will change your life!! and make it easier = more pow skiing = happy CharlieL,
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice one guys - will look into it .........

Personally, I think we maybe put too much emphasis sometimes on the side cut when deciding whether a ski is 90/10 or 20/80 or whatever piste/off-piste. I mean, a lot of it comes down to technique right? -- but having a few meters of MDF under the boot and on the tip can certainly be a contributing factor Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anything is going to be better than a Xenon 4!Smile

Titan's are awesome, but mainly a piste ski, too heavy and narrow for anything deaper than an inch or two!

You want something like a Scott Mission, you will love them!!! Anything between 85-90 underfoot would be an eye opener for you and you will never look back!

As with Dan above, if weight is an issue stay away from integrated bindings and get a flat mount ski and binding package, normally you can get a better deal with this too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy