Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria 5th-12th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks,

Been looking at Ischgl and Serfaus for week of 5-12 March, and getting very few choices for places to stay that are still available. Before I go looking for other options, is there a reason this is a busy week - some Austrian holiday I'm completely unaware of, perhaps?

all advise appreciated.

Ian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gortonator, it is Fasching week and most of Austria and a lot of southern Germany among other places are on holiday! The most expensive week of the season I believe.

Can you change your dates at all?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Typical! That's the week I'm going to Kitzbuhel. Had no idea it was Fasching at the time of booking, it's much cheaper than February on the Crystal website, but the following weeks are cheaper still.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There will be some craicing Aprés!!... Just make sure you are well preperared for it and maybe take some fancy-dress!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ha - thought there must be a reason! Might have to cast net a little wider. In Lech the week before and flying out of Zurich, so want to stay in same general area of Western Austria/Eastern Switzerland. Suspect all may be busy ....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our self catered apartment in Hippach/Mayrhofen MAY be free, how many are you?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, You'll have a blast because you have everything booked - it's those trying to book accommodation independently that will be having problems.

Fasching week only really lasts until the Tuesday as Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent. The parties up to then are a scream and completely off the wall.

It deffo will not be as busy as France in a Half Term week for sure!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, thanks for the info. I seem to remember the last time I was in Austria was Fasching week also. The pistes were busy on the Sunday but not bad the rest of the week.

Only 10 weeks until my first trip to Austria too! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy