Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a season abroad

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone worked in a ski resort for a season? Where did you do it? What doing? I am seriously considering it but don't really know where to start looking for jobs etc. Any tips and advice would be great. Ta! Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at www.natives.co.uk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The info you are after is all here,
http://www.natives.co.uk/

its a web site and forum for season workers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
missnatnat, quite simply; go and do it!!

Otherwise you'll always wonder what it would have been like............. as for where to start as the others have said natives is a good place, but I think a lot of us on Snowheads have done or are still doing a season.................. well ok it's one season after another after another!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
missnatnat, Are you looking to do this coming season, if so get your skates on phone as many companies as you can get details for, its a little late in the day however there are always people dropping out at the last minute.

go for it Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
missnatnat, use both Natives, SeasonWorkers and this site as much as you can. Amongst others, marcellus has been a blessing to have as a fount of information and it's just good to know that there are experienced and novice seasonaires alike there to help you out.

I would agree with livetoski though about getting your skates on. Almost all of my applications are going to go off today followed by a mid-November trip to Switzerland in the hope of getting work. If all else fails, I shall be flying to Chambery and touring some resorts at the beginning of December.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
probably too late for most of the tour operators for this season although as training is about to start for most of them there are normally a few drop outs so best to send out as many applications as possible straight away. I have worked many winter seasons aborard always with a tour operator and loved everyone of them. This winter I am off to Bardonecchia and cannot wait. I have mainly worked in Austria, Norway and Italy and always found that the smaller resorts are better to work in as although you might not get the absolute best skiing, you get to know everybody and get treated well by the locals, where as in the big resorts you are just another seasonaiire always oon the lookout for the best deals. The only problem with it is that 8 years on I am still doing it with no sign of settling down soon! Madeye-Smiley Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richiavo, you've got some time to go yet to match a family friend who is setting out this year on her 20th consecutive ski season! She works with the Ski Club of Great Britain and basically says to them every year, "send me somewhere new", to which they oblige! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
missnatnat, If you fancy it go for it. When I did my first season I didn't really know what I wanted to do other than spend a season in the snow. I started applying for jobs in about Novemeber which is really late but I was lucky and I got an interview at the end of November and flew out a week later. I was working for SkiPlan/Equity and ended up in Les Deux Alpes. I'm still here!! I decided that I didn't want to go back to the UK so I didn't.
Send as many applications out as you can, as soon as possible. As people have said above people drop out at the last minute so you might be lucky! If not this year then go for it next year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy