Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/8083931/Skiers-warned-of-dangers-of-osteoarthritis.html

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/8083931/Skiers-warned-of-dangers-of-osteoarthritis.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blockhead, As someone who has an inordinate number of injuries . . . work, recreation and stupidity . . . there are several truisms in the article.
1: fitness and flexibility is the best prevention
2: people are wimps
3: long-term, we all fall apart, get over it, get fit and don't grow up (never stop playing)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, I have to agree with you there. I'm of the opinion that, sometimes, these things will just happen. No amount of thigh strength will help me if I career down a ski slope at 30 miles per hour, nor will it assist if a sixteen-stone dead weight slams into me on the football pitch. Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Living things warned that they face a high probability of death in later life"

Shock, horror Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just a bit of reading material so dont get personal now Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Astraeus a good few years ago I read some research that suggested that up to RNA depletion at around the age of 85 the human physiology is capable of losing just 15% of of its capability and response and that today's acceptance of 'old age' is self inflicted and premature. I've tried to live by that premise and you can ask Kramer about how well that's working Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque,
Quote:

today's acceptance of 'old age' is self inflicted and premature. I've tried to live by that premise
Me too. But, assuming I have guessed your allusion correctly, that would not extend to following Kramer blindly into what I understand was referred to as 'a little gentle off-piste.' rolling eyes There again, maybe it wasn't that incident, in which case it would be interesting to know how Kramer became the expert on the ageing Masque. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alls ya need is one of them balance hologram bracelet doohickeys. proper job
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, I believe that Kramer as an experienced GP is grossly misled in his estimation of our ages by our appearance and behaviour . . . though you might have deferred from wiping a bogey on the back of his hoody rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque,
Quote:

wiping a bogey on the back of his hoody
I don't remember doing that. Confused Are you sure? Shocked (Oh dear, that's probably to invite more slanderous remarks about my drinking habits, or else I actually have got Alzheimers. Sad )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, noooo Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zero-G, honestly, m'lud, it's not the sort of thing I would normally do. Confused Confused I can only hope that this was some sort of joke - albeit in poor taste - on Masque's part.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, is that to say it is retirement and the self-imposed pursuit of a more leisurely and less active lifestyle that brings about the onset of old age? Or is it set in stone from an earlier age that we'll age well before we could do in a best-circumstance scenario as a result of unhealthy diets, alcohol consumption and smoking?

The 15% loss of capability and function doesn't allow for cancer, strokes, haemorrhage or other diseases capable of permanently reducing the body's functions either, does it?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Astraeus, It would have been easier to say that we can retain 85% of full function and strength through to about age 85 or when RNA depletion occurs. We don't because we react to external influences like peer pressure, work demands and family commitments and to internal restrictions like pain and fear of disease or injury. However, if we didn't we would live longer, healthier and better lives. I didn't say it was easy to do. At the same time we would be minimising the risk of cancer, strokes etc as a huge number of debilitating disease have to be termed as self inflicted . . . as the insurance companies over here are constantly trying to claim is justification for denial of coverage.

I'm not saying we should expect to be as healthy as kids in our dotage, but we do contribute significantly to our decrepitude and that is avoidable and something I'm actively attempting . . . which is fook'n difficult considering that for up to 14 hours a day I'm welded to a chair at 65mph in one of the most dangerous and hostile environments in the World.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy