Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Mongie - Looking for Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, I'm visiting family for xmas who have retired to France, and as luck would have it they live about 15 miles from La Mongie. I've never skied there before, or for that matter in the Pyrenees so was hoping for some advice from someone on snowheads who knows the resort.

I'll be driving to the resort each day and skiing on my own, will have all my gear with me so don't need any info in respect of hire shops. If the snow justifys it I'll hire a guide to go off piste, so any tips on the piste side of things, best places to eat, parking etc etc would be great.

Thanks in advance

Adie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to live in the Pyrenees. Going back a few years now though! We always used to travel by bus, so not sure on parking, but I think it was pretty straightforward - drive up, big car park close to the lifts.

It's a decent sized resort when you count the area on the other side of the Tourmalet (Bareges) but I remember the riding being better on the La Mongie side. The runs up on the sides of the valley are good, the long descent from the bubble lift is really nice - good off-piste options too.

There are some other good resorts in the area which wouldn't be much of a drive for you - Cauterets was always our favourite (small, but great terrain), Saint Lary and Luz Ardidien are good too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adie, you should definetly get a guide and head up to the pic du midi observatory. It must be one of the best lift accessed hills in Europe offering 1000m of consistent steepish off piste on the front side up to 55 degrees of Bec des Rosses type gnar on the other side. I had 3 days with a guide from Ecoloski in Bareges and if you are prepared to hike for the goodies you will love it, great place would love to go back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guys, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated like the sound of visting a few other resorts in the area, "not just a holiday, but also a road trip" just a pity I'll be on my own. The pic du midi has also got me interested espcially after a guick google, u-tube visit.

Once again many thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy