Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania, Three Valleys 2010 / 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

25/10/2010

Temperatures dropped yesterday and rain turned to snow..the first snow settled in resort yesterday evening. There is now a good few inches and its still snowing lightly.

This is a fairly early snow fall to be having so it probably won't stay at resort level for long, but higher up this will start a great base layer. Could early season be a fantasitc one this year? There are reports of an early cold winter this year in the alps....

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 7-11-10 15:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
07/11/2010

Err.. this wasn't supposed to happen today.. went down the mountain for a run (its a bit flatter down there..) and returned to La Tania to find it white and its hoofing it down with snow. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More fresh snow last night and the alps are looking stunning. A huge amount of percipitation forecast for tonight but I'm not sure how its going to fall.. fingers crossed.

More La Tania News:

There has been 2 new magic carpets built in La Tania this year. One on the nursery slope in the centre of town and one at the top of the La Tania bubble. This is great news and makes La Tania a lot more beginner friendly. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowRetreat,

Thanks for the updates. Will be coming to LT for the first time in January with our 4 kids (oldest 6) so great news about the magic carpets.

Keep up the good work.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jonathancarty wrote:
SnowRetreat,

Thanks for the updates. Will be coming to LT for the first time in January with our 4 kids (oldest 6) so great news about the magic carpets.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Jonathan how did you end up booking your trip?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lightningdan,

Probably going to LT with FamilyFriendlySkiing. They're offering free childcare, free kit hire and free transfers. When you have more children than adults in your party the free childcare makes a massive difference. Going to work out cheaper than Self Catering!

Jon
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For a snow pic of La Tania..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5799367&l=e1d49cffbb&id=510832945

Col de Loze looking nicely covered (far right of picture)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 25-11-10 16:48; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone have first hand info re: snow in Les Arcs or Courcheval 1650
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Coming to LT 5th Feb for a week, yay! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
25/11/10

Its snowing!!! There are already a good few inches on the ground at resort level (and even more higher up), we are due a good 8 cm tonight and even more early next week. It could even tempt me to hike up...

The new La Tania communal building near the lift pass office is looking good now and should be usable this winter.

Seasonnaires are starting to appear.. mostly managers and maintenance guys.. not long till it all kicks off Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
29/11/10

It has been snowing a fair amount over the last few days.. I'm not going to go in to huge detail other than this... The snow for this time of year is amazing, this should set us up nicely for the whole season. Happy

More snow forecast later this week and the snow cannons are also blasting away (not because we need the snow but the thoery is the more they can get down now the longer the snow will last at the end of the season).

Excited to get out on the mountain...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great news we fly out to Courcheval in less than 2 weeks now.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
14/12/10

After the increase in temperature last week it has now got COLD COLD COLD again. The snow cannons are working over time to make a good base with fresh snow due Thursday night, which should freshen things up a bit. A few flakes falling today but nothing major.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, I've never skiied New Year (Only been in Feb'), but I'm going to Courchevel (1650) on the 26th Dec'.

At the moment I notice many of the lifts and runs are closed in the 3 valleys.

I was wondering if any more experienced skiiers could give me an idea as to whether most of the resort is likely to be open in New Year week.

(Just trying to get an idea of what it will be like when I get there)

Many thanks,

Owen
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
billymahoney, At the moment, there is partial opening; full opening this Saturday 18th - then you should notice most lifts and runs open
snow conditions
Thanks, I didn't realise they had a planned full opening. I thought many runs were closed due to conditions.
ski holidays
We are coming to La Tania on Sunday 19th. First time in La Tania, been going to Austria for about 13 years!!! (we are going there again in April!).

Are the lower slopes covered? do they have snow cannons there? Only I seem to read that sometimes these aren't great and our 6 year old will hopefully be attending ski school there and I am not sure whether she will be on the lower slopes or not - she is not a beginner as skis weekly at the Chillfactore in Manchester.

Any help appreciated!
snow conditions
Quote:

We are coming to La Tania on Sunday 19th. First time in La Tania,
Are the lower slopes covered? do they have snow cannons there?

I've been to La Tania about half a dozen times, lovely wee place. I would go again at the drop of a hat.

Check out the webcams at http://www.latania.co.uk/webcam/index.html

Folyeres, the blue all the way down has cannons and is usually in reasonable condition, I've skied it the week before christmas and the last day of the season in April (and most points in between) so it keeps the snow pretty well!
latest report
Dittoandyrew, really nice resort. I thought it was great for a small person to be introduced to skiing and you can be Courchevel 1850 within about 30 mins of putting your planks on...

The camera's look good at resort level for a sprinkling of snow too!
snow report
Thank you andyrew and Jamster for the info. I was a bit worried that the runs maybe a bit too difficult for a 6 year old, last time I was in France the Blues were more like the Reds in Austria, she is fine on blues there and started doing a few easy reds. I am hoping we will be able to get out of the resort with her a little bit.

Thanks for the webcams, they snow looks OK, but a little overcast today. More snow expected Sunday!!! The website was great, had a look at some of the runs, Folyers does look good, already planning going up and doing that one back down, hope she will manage it, she is just starting to do parellell turns when she is confident, so I am hoping it isn't too steep for her, or she will need to snowplough turns and her poor little legs will be tired!
latest report
Sounds like the 'minipass' will be fine for the first few days. Covers the gondola and just the runs back to the resort. Quite a saving on a full lift pass.
snow report
17/12/10

Powder day.. about a foot of snow fallen over night.. cleared the drive way of snow twice already this morning!! Off to do a few runs on the snowboard.
snow report
1/1/11

Happy New Year from a very sunny La Tania. No snow forecast for a while but temperatures cold and pistes in a fairly good condition, just a little icy in places.. sharpen your edges!
snow report
SnowRetreat,

How are things??

Webcams look not too bad given the temperatures and rain, was half expecting to wake up to some grass showing through this morning but all seems OK.
ski holidays
Just back from a week in La Tania. Piste conditions were the worst I have ever skied. Hard ice on all runs, mud and stones on many others. My skis took alot of damage! Meribel was better and VT better still but I would not be happy if I turned up on Saturday 8th for a week. On the plus side the pistes were quiet as people probably were not enjoying the ice.

Would I go back to La Tania. No, and not just because of the conditions.
snow report
astroarcadia wrote:
Just back from a week in La Tania. Piste conditions were the worst I have ever skied. Hard ice on all runs, mud and stones on many others. My skis took alot of damage! Meribel was better and VT better still but I would not be happy if I turned up on Saturday 8th for a week. On the plus side the pistes were quiet as people probably were not enjoying the ice.

Would I go back to La Tania. No, and not just because of the conditions.
apart from the conditions why not Astroarcadia?
ski holidays
chrisby, Welcome to snowHead and a good question. I think LT is a good option for cheaper 3V skiing. What didn't you likeastroarcadia, ?

snowHead
latest report
Chris Bish, whats 3V skiing only asking as i'm new ish and going to La Tania on saturday
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chrisby, 3V is 3 Valleys and welcome to Snow Heads snowHead We have snow forecast for tomorrow, so a nice top-up - have a great holiday Very Happy
latest report
chrisby, Apologies for using snowHeads-speak to a newbie without explanation! I think you will love La Tania. There is a great pub and easy access via one lift to all the Trois Vallees has to offer. One of my all-time favourite runs is Folyeres which takes you back to La Tania. A tree-lined fast swooshy blue. Some people criticise 3V (you know now!) but I think it offers the best piste skiing in Europe.

As this is the snow report thread, I will just say the snow looks much better this morning.

snowHead
snow conditions
thank you to you both Very Happy
snow report
Just back from La Tania too. Agree with Astrocardia about the exceptionally icy conditions last week but Courchevel was no better unless you went up to the higher ground on Saulire. This was our third visit to La Tania but it wouldn't put us off going again. Its an excellent (relatively) low cost base for the 3V if you have a young family. My wife, son and I are all at different levels and the wide range of skiing continues to keep us all happy and challenged.
latest report
11/01/11 (all the 1's)

So last week the pistes were hard packed, but the good news is that we have had snow! Sorry to those who have just got home Crying or Very sad

On Sunday night we had about 20 cm making Monday a very enjoyable day on deserted pistes. I was still finding little pockets of untouched powder just off the piste at lunch time. Its also snowing right now.. big fantastic flakes and it looks set to continue for the rest of the day..

No friends tomorrow.. its gonna be a powder day.. Little Angel

SR
snow conditions
30/01/11

This high pressure looks set to continue for a little while, keeping the sun out and temperatures pretty low.. the great thing about Courchevel is that it has the most amazing snow cannon system, 43% of the area is covered. So although off piste skiing is non-existent (sorry boarders), the piste skiing is pretty good. Courchevel displays "the pistes of the day" every morning, these pistes have been carefully groomed and this week they have been great and very fast... weehey..
latest report
15/2/11

It started snowing about 1/2 hour ago.. this should freshen things up a bit!
snow report
SnowRetreat, much ? still coming ? I'm not coming out until sat week but it all helps.
ski holidays
20/2/11

micky, the snow on the 15/2 was just a dusting, but today its been snowing all morning.. so you'll find some great piste skiing. Off for a slide at lunch time when all the paper works done...
snow report
SnowRetreat wrote:
20/2/11

micky, the snow on the 15/2 was just a dusting, but today its been snowing all morning.. so you'll find some great piste skiing. Off for a slide at lunch time when all the paper works done...

Very Happy
snow report
Splendid!
Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Another 5 days till I get there, please don't carve it up too much Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy