Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season travel insurance ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not working, but playing, maybe 5-6w Alps; 1w Pyrenees, 1w Sierra nevada.
Maybe 45 ish days on slopes only.

Any recommendations for insurance cover?

We will be on a long trip (4-5mth) in campervan, and the snow is one aspect of it only. So its difficult to set a start and end date lol! Also we won't need posession or cancellation cover - just emergency medical and off the mountain stuff.

Its likely we'll have other travel insurance but that won't cover >21/30d skiing Sad

Is Carte Neige the way to go? DO they do a simple season pass? All I've seen is a day rate? And I can't see where to buy it (and see policy documents) online?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ActiveCampers, for that length of trip you'd probably need a "single trip" policy as an annual policy is unlikely to cover a trip of 4 - 5 months. Standard policies won't cover that many days winter sports, either. Carte Neige will get you off the mountain, but not much more. A season cover costs about 30 euros each, I think.

There are quite a lot of discussions here about insurance - the British Mountaineering Council is good for adventure sports - have a look at their web site. Also have a look at Ski Club of Great Britain.

For what you're looking for you'll probably have to pay well over £100 each. Our annual one last year was well over £200 (up to 60 day trips, unlimited winter sports).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dot tag do "gap year" insurance and are pretty well regarded for their cover.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We use Jade Stanley - they work out the insurance for however many days you need. We use them for our season insurance and they have always very good and are pretty reasonable which is nice! Their site is http://www.ski-insurance.co.uk/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy