Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stay in Bourg, ski Les Arcs in April - good idea....or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I'm not worried that it will take a bit longer to hit the slopes, but is there likely to be plenty of skiing for intermediates that late in the season?
Any estimates of % area likely to be open at that time would be great.

Or, any ideas for resorts near Bourg, preferably accessible by public transport, that it would be better to stay and ski in?

Thanks very much Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pishposhpeshy, les acrs should be good - will be getting a little slushy perhaps down at 1600, but get up a bit higher and it should be all good...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pishposhpeshy, that's what we did for the very first end of season bash. We arrived april 21st or so I think? The whole domain was open (above 1600 anyway, not the pisted down to les granges) but was a bit dodgy in places, by the end of the week only the Arc 2000 bowl was open but still plenty of skiing to be had
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied in Les Arcs first week in April for last 2-years.

Snow was fine and you could ski down to 1600 although a bit slushy. Start early, ski till mid afternoon, stop and have a late lunch in the sun would be my advice.

Skiing up above Les Arcs was fine
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

Even that late in the season the skiing in Les Arcs is still pretty good and their snow making means that almost all the runs stay open until the bitter end.

To get to/from Bourg you take a funiculair and I've never had to down-lift to get back to it, although as Boris, says, that slope does get a bit icy / slushy from time to time.

Have a great time!

Heather
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Arcs in April?
It'll be OK above the 'Vanoise Express' contour. Lower down, at places like Montchavin (La Plagne side) and Villroger (far east!) it could be an 'ice rink' first thing and a 'swimming pool' after dinner. You can judge things as you go up on the train from Bourg.
But, like Val and The Three valleys, there is plenty to do higher up or through the various 'tree runs.' One of my favourites is the tow at the top of the Mont Blanc chair. 'Deux Tetes,' I think?
There's always a possibility of a decent dump of 'spring snow' during the night.
I've skied there in April, 3 or 4 times, no problem. Have a great time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pishposhpeshy, Last season we had amazing snow in April, if you go to my Les Arcs facebook group, link below you can have a look at some pics of last season. If you go to the Les Arcs thread in the snow reports section you can find out all you need about the place. Saves us posting everything twice.

So do not worry, if the last few years are anything to go on you should have a great time. Maybe see you out there going up on the funi each day if you are staying in the valley. In April best to be going up at 8.40 or 9am for first lifts. Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy