Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geordies' fury over advert which brands them too poor to go on skiing holidays

Poster: A snowHead
As reported here

According to the number of Snowheads in the North East I am afraid the Geordies have a job to defend this one.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmmm... Miriam Stoppard and Anne Reid are The Daily Mail's star Geordie witnesses? That's not really helping our cause is it? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think as complaint to the ASA should be made. There are rather a lot of us on here who could do so, although several are now ex-pats and live in the South.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're far to savvy to use the tour operators anyway. We know how to get better value for money.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing I think that's hilarious. I'd have thought it was equally funny had it been directed at anyone, even us Jocks.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 24-10-10 14:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The company doesnt even fly from Newcastle................maybe that would be a good starting point.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the appropriate Geordie reaction to the marketing manager of Directski would be along the lines of "Hadaway an' shite" Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Geordies start going skiing, I'm hanging my boots up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc, You forgot the wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some of the comments are great Laughing

Quote:
I and my family go skiing twice a year, have done all my life, and not once have I met a Geordie on the slopes. I ski in Switzerland and Austria, occasionally France, and twice in the US. Not once in all the 50 years that I've been skiing have I met a Geordie, and dare I say it, I've not met man northerners at all. I've never bumped into a Mancunian or Liverpudlian, for example. All my fellow skiers seem to come from the south of England. I don't know if that's coincidence, but it's something we skiers have noticed over the years.

Maybe this will prompt more northerners to sample skiing. It's one of the world's best sports. Skiing through beautiful scenery down a mountain with all that powdery snow and sunshine, it's truly magical. Admittedly, it can cost and arm and leg, just a small hot toddy can cost £10 in certain bars, but it is worth the experience.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I might live in Newcastle but technically I am not a geordie, even though I have been here for 16 years but of course was brought up on the other side of the Tyne. So my trips to the snow do not count then.

The Easyjet flight from NCL to GVA must be full of people from Yorkshire, Scotland Cumbria etc
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy wrote:

Quote:
I ski in Switzerland and Austria... and twice in the US.

Obviously not someone on here then.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy wrote:

Quote:
I and my family go skiing twice a year, have done all my life, and not once have I met a Geordie on the slopes. I ski in Switzerland and Austria, occasionally France, and twice in the US. Not once in all the 50 years that I've been skiing have I met a Geordie, and dare I say it, I've not met man northerners at all. I've never bumped into a Mancunian or Liverpudlian, for example. All my fellow skiers seem to come from the south of England. I don't know if that's coincidence, but it's something we skiers have noticed over the years.

Maybe this will prompt more northerners to sample skiing. It's one of the world's best sports. Skiing through beautiful scenery down a mountain with all that powdery snow and sunshine, it's truly magical. Admittedly, it can cost and arm and leg, just a small hot toddy can cost £10 in certain bars, but it is worth the experience.

images of a fartbag wearer spring to mind Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think it's hilarious. And thinking abooot it, I don't think I've come across a Geordie on the slopes either. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
martinm, then ya hiven't looked very hard bonny lad.
snow report
Why - what do they wear - shell suits ? Cool
ski holidays
Weird choice for a Dublin company - most Dubliners wouldn't have a clue where a Geordie came from Laughing Now if they were to write Limerick then that would be more appropriate Toofy Grin
snow report
i think directski's marketing director has just had the sack..... also...the daily mail...really =/
snow report
bug Me .. another marketeer who knows his customers ... NOT. Geordies and their close ( in proximity) cousins is all I ever seem to meet on the slopes. I was looking for a way of getting them into something different like soccer .... mmmhh... no, that's been tried. Failed. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Agenterre, you bad man Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
Many years ago I had Geordies stay in a chalet I was running. It wasn't a pleasant experience for anyone. At least they weren't Maccas... Wink

More recently the Chairman of Wolves stayed at our seriously expensive apartment for two weeks. Nice guy but I needed a translator.
latest report
martinm wrote:
I think it's hilarious. And thinking abooot it, I don't think I've come across a Geordie on the slopes either. Very Happy

You've obviously not been to Bulgaria Very Happy
ski holidays
You can always tell a Geordie in a ski resort

Laughing Laughing
snow report
geordie goes to the doctor and says " why aye mon, me armpits they smell like coconut "
... doctor replies "aye mon, they're bounty".......
ski holidays
parlor wrote:
More recently the Chairman of Wolves stayed at our seriously expensive apartment for two weeks. Nice guy but I needed a translator.

What accent did he have? The Wolves chairman is a born and bred scouser!
snow report
limegreen1, Laughing
snow conditions
Wags, maybe that's the point... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I like the advert. It feeds on the natural arrogance of snowsport enthusiasts as they sit on the tube going to their jobs working in PR or Marketing, while Geordies don't get to see adverts on their way to work down a mine or something because there's so much smog in the air they can't see billboards, and even if they could see it they can't read anyhow.

The only reason people are getting offended is because they were born in Newcastle, but then escaped and were taught to read by civilised society. The Daily Fail has managed to print a pack of lies again - they have had the posters up in Newcastle, but nobody has been able to work out what the man with the dog means.

Fundamentally we also need to accept that there's no point in people from up north going on skiing holidays. It snows 8 months of the year there anyhow, and it's plenty hilly enough. We only go to France for skiing because we couldn't face driving any further up the motorway than Birmingham.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just wait till they find out that Anthony Collins is Irish! That will Reallly annoy them Twisted Evil
snow report
O fcourse Geordies ski. We like to go somewhere warm for the winter.
ski holidays
Monium wrote:
I like the advert. It feeds on the natural arrogance of snowsport enthusiasts as they sit on the tube going to their jobs working in PR or Marketing, while Geordies don't get to see adverts on their way to work down a mine or something because there's so much smog in the air they can't see billboards, and even if they could see it they can't read anyhow.

The only reason people are getting offended is because they were born in Newcastle, but then escaped and were taught to read by civilised society. The Daily Fail has managed to print a pack of lies again - they have had the posters up in Newcastle, but nobody has been able to work out what the man with the dog means.

Fundamentally we also need to accept that there's no point in people from up north going on skiing holidays. It snows 8 months of the year there anyhow, and it's plenty hilly enough. We only go to France for skiing because we couldn't face driving any further up the motorway than Birmingham.

That said I understand the French better than the brummies, and really do not have a clue what the proper northerners are on about.
snow report
As mentioned elsewhere, the illustrious chairman of NUFC recently acquired Nevica to kit us all out in so now you lot will all be able to spot us as we fly past you.... wherever you may ski....
snow report
I was in London this weekend and caught a glimpse of that advert when I was leaving the tube.

Shocked

If a geordie can't afford to go skiing what hope does a smoggie have? Laughing
snow report
martinm wrote:
Why - what do they wear - shell suits ? Cool

I think you'll find scousers wear shell suits; Geordie's would likely be topless or wearing mini-skirts...

If I was going to be inflamatory, I would ask our little Irish friend if he's in a position to make comments like that in a country when they still burn peat to keep warm... Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

although several are now ex-pats and live in the South.

.....er like Gateshead - or even Durham??Toofy Grin
snow report
Fattes13 wrote:
Just wait till they find out that Anthony Collins is Irish! That will Reallly annoy them Twisted Evil

I wonder how long it will take us to work that out rolling eyes
ski holidays
This thread is nearly as bad as the ASDA cheese thread ...........................
ski holidays
And Birtley, and Chester-le-Street.
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
This thread is nearly as bad as the ASDA cheese thread ...........................

ASDA cheese bread ? Puzzled
snow conditions
Neal Collins wrote:
We are an Irish company – and Ireland isn't in a strong position financially.

Sure gives you confidence to book with them! If only everyone had a marketing manager as good as this!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy