Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tower Gully film

Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

Just thought I'd let you know, the film from Tower Gully this June is now live online here:

Tower Gully - A summer ski descent from Simon Christy
http://vimeo.com/14539845

Enjoy!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nice vid!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very nice, thanks for sharing Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perfect for todays cold weather Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
really enjoyed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very good, thanks for posting that! Some skills displayed at the top there Cool

"Stuck in ski boots." No, mister, tell your friend it's "lucky enough to be in ski boots."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great film. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great Stoke - thanks for posting Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
2 people have asked me this weekend if there will be snow in Scotland by Christmas - word is getting around Happy

Nice work.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good stuff, The guy on the green ski's looked totally in control, very good skier Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
that is fantastic.

a couple of questions

1. how often is it skiied- had it been skier earlier in the season

2 how steep at the top - it looked fcuking steep.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looked lovely, I'm hoping to get some smaller gullies done in Snowdonia this winter so fingers crossed for the snow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa, me too, let me know - I'm up for a bit of that Happy However, don't know the area so a bit of local knowledge will be a help.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
david@mediacopy wrote:
2 people have asked me this weekend if there will be snow in Scotland by Christmas - word is getting around Happy

There's snow now, I'd say the question is whether it'll be skiable, or provide 'interesting enough' skiing by Xmas ... who knows but I live in hope and expectation Toofy Grin

Yeah you're right though, word is getting out! snowHead
snow report
ed123, it gets skied pretty regularly. I've done it twice on a snowboard (both times late April/early May). It is approximately fecking-steep at the top. I think as much as 55° very briefly depending on the state of the cornice, mellowing quickly to something slightly more sensible. The top part is all above a large cliff (Tower Scoop) so you really don't want to get it wrong!
latest report
Scarpa, david@mediacopy, me too, thinking of things like central trinity on snowdon and parsley fern gulley into cwm glas mawr. Looking for ski partners, I know the area pretty well but don't know how much has been skied/boarded I'd guess most things have been done but are rarely in good condition.
latest report
Great line & great film! Being mid summer makes it even better Very Happy
Solid work from offpisteskiing (again)

Blairs film 'Steep Scotland' from the Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival is online now too.
Also worth a look.

http://youtube.com/v/Qi7UUVcdERE
snow conditions
Haggis_Trap, awesome, thanks for posting the link.
snow report
Swirly, Good with me. I'm Shropshire area.
latest report
Swirly, i'd be persuadable. even if conditions are crap for skiing i'd be up for a bit of winter walking/scrambling
snow conditions
Cheers for all the positive feedback folks - makes the hours sat behind the computer editing all the more worthwhile...!
ed123, as stevomcd says, it gets skied/boarded quite regularly - a mate of mine has skied it pretty much every year for the last 10 years...

The top few metres will depend entirely on the cornice - which can be absolutely huge - but it cools off to steady 40/45 pretty quick.

Well worth a look, as are all the other classics up there (2, 3, 4, 5 etc)
Fingers crossed for another good snow year for Scotland...
latest report
Any snowheads up for a mid May Scottish walk/ski given good snow then? some of those runs in the Blair film don't look as steep as offpisteskiings one, and it's my birthday on Sunday 15th May 2011................

Nice video, how cold/warm was the mountain stream Simon Wink
snow conditions
Breaking news:
If you want to see the film on the big screen it has just been retained for this year's Kendal Mountain Festival running 18-21 November. No details yet on which sessions it will be appearing - will keep you posted.

kitenski, COLD !!!!
latest report
offpisteskiing, wonderful video, thank you. (The boot-packing looked knackering and the top looked terrifying, though. Shocked)
ski holidays
Great film, wish I was good enough to ski that!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy