Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSA: new MSP film now on iTunes

Poster: A snowHead
"The Way I See It" is now up on iTunes. As with last year it is in the TV programmes section and is priced pretty reasonably (£3.99).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good spot! Not quite sure why they sell it at that price, but...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

PSA.... MSP

Help and old guy out, could you translate please? PSA to me means Prostate Specific Antigen and MSP Member of Scottish Parliament, I don't want to watch a film about that Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MSP are Matchstick Productions who are at www.skimovie.com. PSA = public service announcement.

Happily nothing to do either with Scottish politics or the intricacies of male anatomy.

I think Matchstick have worked out that 20 quid for a DVD this side of the Atlantic is not really a runner and that they will make more distributing it cheap online.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely worth getting the HD version for the extra quid. I really enjoyed The Way I See It. Quality stuff. Other ski films should be up on iTunes within the next couple months.. even for us UK'ers.

iTunes and downloading the digital version off their respective is the future of ski films. We've gone to the stage where a few dedicated people will still buy the DVDs and Blu-Rays but the majority will be more than content to get the digitalised version.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stupid question probably, but are they available on iTunes.ie for us Irish skiers?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dazman, stupid reply, but why not look on itunes.ie???
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't find it for some reason Confused

idiots guide please...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just stuck "the way I see it" into search and up it came. What country is your iTunes registered to?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
gorilla, worked that time Cool (registered to the UK fwiw)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
f*ck, managed to buy the HD and the non HD version Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Trailer here:
The Way I See It-Matchstick Productions -OFFICIAL 2010 Ski Teaser from vas entertainment
http://vimeo.com/13521424
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scotia wrote:
f*ck, managed to buy the HD and the non HD version Laughing

Oh no don't worry, you get the non-HD version when you buy the HD version. You've only been charged for HD.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timmaah, Cool thanks for that.

Well worth the download. Cody Townsend has to be one of the funniest people about.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
will the difference in quality between HD and non HD be noticceable on a standard laptop screen? I assumed that HD was for people who were gonig to hook their computers up to their HD tvs and so bought the non hd one.
ski holidays
scotia wrote:
Timmaah, Cool thanks for that.

Well worth the download. Cody Townsend has to be one of the funniest people about.

Cody Townsend wrote:
And then about five years ago MSP just about tried to ruin my ski career by showing my crash reel.

I think Colby West is funnier though...
latest report
parlor, no idea where that came from Laughing

Colby West is definitely the funny
one.
snow report
rambotion wrote:
will the difference in quality between HD and non HD be noticceable on a standard laptop screen? I assumed that HD was for people who were gonig to hook their computers up to their HD tvs and so bought the non hd one.

I noticed the difference when I downloaded a tv series, it was definately a lot, lot clearer on the laptop screen.
snow conditions
rambotion, the difference is even more clear on a laptop than it is on a TV. Test it using HD downloads from BBC iPlayer, the difference is startling. Go HD every time.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
itunes sd is 720x480, hd is 1280x720, so a bit over 2.5 times the resolution. (Full hd is 1920x1080 which is over twice the resolution of itunes hd.)
latest report
much bigger file sizes on hd though eh?
ski holidays
scotia, More here. His Brit / English is pretty good for a seppo...
snow report
Smashing - now they just need the old ones as well. MATCHSTICK, YOU HEAR ME? Get 'em up and I'll buy.

Thanks for the heads up.
ski holidays
Err.. Cunners, Claim, In Deep and Push are all on iTunes already... And you can get seven sunny days via their site: http://mspstore.mobilerider.com/store/
snow conditions
the closing shot is a blatant rip-off of this:

they will be hearing from my lawyers!!!
or did parlor take that photo Puzzled
snow conditions
you can get Absinthes 2010 snowboard film 'nowhere' on itunes as well
latest report
Timmaah wrote:
Err.. Cunners, Claim, In Deep and Push are all on iTunes already... And you can get seven sunny days via their site: http://mspstore.mobilerider.com/store/

Can't find Claim or Push on iTunes. Not as films, TV shows nor podcasts.
ski holidays
I think Claim is still my favourite ski film of the last few years. Think I'll give it a watch tomorrow afternoon Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scotia, you are just being mean now.
snow report
Arno wrote:
the closing shot is a blatant rip-off of this:

they will be hearing from my lawyers!!!
or did parlor take that photo Puzzled

Veronica took the shot, when we saw the film she said the same thing. Losers.
latest report
^ wait. Aren't you my lawyer?
snow report
Zero-G, weird... you can still get it for 10 dollars off their site though.
snow report
parlor wrote:
Veronica took the shot

on your camera so that makes it yours Wink
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
parlor wrote:
Veronica took the shot

on your camera so that makes it yours Wink

We share. What's hers is mine etc... (Can't work out why she won't let me ski her S7s Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled )
ski holidays
Is there anywhere else online where you can buy a download of 7 sunny days? I did try to go an look on the matchstick website and skimovie.com but both are coming up with warning messages when I open the page (saying that opening will harm my computer).

Can only find In Deep and The way I see it on Itunes uk Sad
ski holidays
you need to go on MSP's mobilerider store. Their site will not harm your PC, i've been going on there for a year or two now Laughing

PUSH, 7 sunny days and the rest are available to download Very Happy
There's a few 40 minute ski films kicking around on Itunes if your interested.
ski holidays
milnerhome wrote:
you need to go on MSP's mobilerider store. Their site will not harm your PC, i've been going on there for a year or two now Laughing

That's not to say they haven't been hacked recently. That warning wasn't around when I was on their site about five or six weeks ago.
snow report
Zero-G, still no luck with Claim? I'll see if I can find the DVD and fire it your way if not.

Another one to check out is Guido Perrini's filming documentary. One of my favourites.
ski holidays
scotia, nope. I'd be happy to buy your copy from you, if you're willing to sell?

Thanks for the heads up on Guido. If anyone else is interested, the
TEN ski snowboard film www.guidoperrini.com from guido perrini
documentary is available on vimeo.
latest report
milnerhome wrote:

PUSH, 7 sunny days and the rest are available to download Very Happy
There's a few 40 minute ski films kicking around on Itunes if your interested.

Gave it a shot, though its now saying they are only available on the US version of itunes sadly:( Fingers crossed they will make them available here soon!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy