Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

154 cm All mountain ski ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is there about in this size folks ?

I wanted to get Nordica Victory as they sounded the very thing and were reccomended, but don't seem to be available anywhere....

I'm mostly a piste skier , but starting to dabble of piste , so want somethiing to help me devlop my skiing further.

I'm five foot two and about 65kg and not as fit as i'd like and 36.... but we all have our cross to bear LOL !!! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd recommend at least a 160cm - a bit longer if it's a twin tip.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jennycook, I'd say max 160, but nearer 150 would suit better.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
160 non twin tip :-S sounds a bit long to me as you are only about 158cm tall! I reccon you are right looking about 155! in a twin tip (for example atomic elysian) you would get on with a bit longer (160)

what sort of level skier are you? what sort of runs do you feel confident on etc...

from the top of my head k2 lotta love is a ski that always gets good reviews as do the Salomon origin opals
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
also worth thinking about stiffness rather than dimensions, thats where i was tripped up as im about your stage of development, andheight but only 52kg and got a 155cm in a highly recommended ski, but driving it round corners is knackering without a bit more weight behind you. in fact im contemplating moving it on regretably and getting somethinga bit more weedy-person freindly despite it ticking all the other boxes Sad . So i know its boring hearing it, but really is worth doing some demoing, even if just in a fridge
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry not been back before , been frantically writing an assignment....

thanks all.

I'd not considered a twin tip being ok in longer - sorry to sound a twit but why ? And while we are on the subject what is a twin tip ????? In normal skis 160 is def too long as I am short.150's are a bit slow , going on last skis i had , the 154 volkls I have are great but wearing out a bit and maybe a little narrow underfoot for a bit of poweder... ???

I ski reds fairly well, easy black no problem , more challenging black and poweder / gentlr off piste is what i'm working on improving - hence the thought of an all mountain type ski....

Thanks bitoffluff , but I'm usually 65-70kg and currently ski what i believe are quite stiff skis ('mens' volkl supersport 4star) and these seem ok, but I'm no expert. Being down very south west , there is nowhere to test for a long long way so it's going to have to be part pot luck.....

Will look at the skis dansmith mentions, also had a raccomendation for k2 burning love - any comments ? Why do they have to give woemens skis such awful names ? And why with flowers and pink on them ?????? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jennycook, Twintips can be skied longer because less of the length of the ski is in contact with the snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jennycook, I can't think of any major brand or ski which won't come in the smaller sizes in what you're looking for. *However*, as the shops don't sell too many, they don't order them in. This will leave you with two options - both will require a good bit of hunting i) either track down what you want, or find a sympathetic ski shop owner who'll order in for you or ii) you're in "internet bargain" territory - if you can get canny online you'll pick up something really special for peanuts e.g., I saw Aura's last year for 300 euros in the wee sizes...

I think you're looking at around the right height btw.

You don't need to ski women's skis you know - opinions vary of course, but it's interesting that the female racers are starting to turn their backs on women-specific (e.g., Lindsey Vonn). I ski unisex - it could be worse, I've yet to see anything with kitten graphics... or maybe a life-size drawing of Cheryl Cole! Twisted Evil

This is a nice tool to figure out what you're looking for:

http://www.skipressworld.com/en/index.php/myski-9.html (2009 skis)

(nothing wrong with buying last year's model, you'll save a fortune)

http://www.onthesnow.com/gear/ski_reviews/list (this year's models)

Most of my ski buddies rate Volkl Auras above all others.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jennycook, you sound a similar type of skier to me (although I don't venture off-piste) and I had a great time just over a year ago trying out different skis at indoor demo sessions. My shortlist read very much like the list in the first link posted by Alexandra above in the Women's Multi-condition Performance category. In fact I ended up with the skis at the top of that list (Rossi Attraxion VI) and I'm very happy with them. I have 162 on account of being a tallish chunky bird, but they are also available in shorter lengths as are all the other skis in that list. Happy shopping!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Volkl Tierra in a 154cm
http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/volkl/tierra.html

Fischer Koa 84 in a 150cm
http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/fischer/koa-84my-style.html

K2 Lotta Luv in a 156cm
http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/k2/lotta-luv.html

Salomon Lady in a 153cm
http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/salomon/lady.html
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ther are some salomon czars 164 new on ebay quite reasonable with or without bindings
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jennycook, O/H loves her Dynastar Legends. 75mm waist and a good all-round ski. Picked them up mid season (feb '10) for around £200 less than they were asking in Tignes Shocked
good luck with your choice.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jennycook, ps. Meant to add that she's 5ft 1" and skis a 154 in the legends.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy