Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good off piste courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good off piste course. I'm pretty experienced and looking for some company as usual ski buddy is laid up this season.... Have used Piste 2 Powder in St Anton before plus numerous guides - but looking for something I can pitch up to on my own - pos residential - as I mentioned - I have no mates... - btw - pls don't rec. SCGB - not sure I'm their 'type' Toofy Grin Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snoworks' Backcountry courses might be suitable?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i am a big fan of www.offpisteskiing.com - if you do a search for "Steep Vanoise" you'll find some nice trip reports from one of his offerings. he also does less challenging but no doubt great fun stuff
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It a bit like the usual suspects
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some good suggestions above.
+1 for www.offpisteskiing.com
Nice guy - and I would hazard a guess that his courses are awesome.

If you think your pretty good then take a look at Skiers Lodge.
Price may seem expensive - but it includes 6 days with some of the worlds very best UIAGM ski guides.
And you will ski terrain beyond your wildest dreams.
Never stayed there myself...
But Pelle Lang (i.e honorary mayor of la Grave) clearly has a really nice set up (that doesnt get mentioned often here).

www.skierslodge.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skierslodge is a great setup for guided offpiste. there isn't much of an instructional element to it except the odd useful tip from the guides (eg "don't ski off that cliff")
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for these guys. Let me know if anyone can think of anymore!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scarlettabbott, Hi, Scarlett.....now what, exactly, is the problem with Freshtrax/SCGB....?.....in my experience they are positively gobsmacked to find that people from the North have heard of skiing....and if you can show them a thing or two...well....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't know what your budget is but if you are looking for a group off-piste week, you could try UCPA. Accommodation is basic but the guides are top notch and all equipment is supplied for the off-piste groups, along with packed lunches, ski pass and some ready made friends for the week Wink. The only thing you need to pay for additional tot he package is getting ot the resort and your beer for the week. See www.action-outdoors.co.uk and use the code SP2010 for £10 discount off the published prices.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
scarlettabbott, I've been on a few SCGBV weeks/weekends and enjoyed them a lot. There is sometimes a 'demographic' but more varied than you may guess.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Powder Extreme in Verbier have looked after me famously for the past 4 years.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Terribly sorry ms charmers. I must admit they were slightly surprised at scgb that a northern oik could stand upright on his planks. They did comment on my attire though. I have no idea why an ncb duffle coat isn't suitable ski wear. I also was surprised that they hadn't seen the use of binder twine as a powder leash or t'flat cap as suitable protective head gear. Still. They did comment that I must get plenty of skiing in - seeing that I was halfway to Scotland anyway. Bless!! Ski club of the home counties! Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy