Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who fancy a ski slope at your own house? Anyone? :)

Poster: A snowHead
Here it is heh Laughing

http://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/products/artificial-moving-ski-slope
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It'd be cheaper to buy a house (or at least an apartment) near a real ski slope. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok, lets click on that link while i sip my coffee.....hmm, ok moving treadmill ski slope, looks ok, size would fit the garden
ok lets check the price... *PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT*

A fresh keyboard please.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I remember a camping/caravaning shop somewhere in the north of England (maybe near Wakefield) that I visited with my parents when I was young in the mid '90s had a smaller one of these. I had not tried skiing at the time but remember really wanting to give it a go as it looked more fun than caravans.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did have my own climbing wall tower once... 13 foot high section of aerial mast with a big overhang one side. Still have all the bolt on holds in the garage... wonder if I could cover my house with them Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What is the difference between that and http://www.realli-ski.co.uk/ ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
a3085238, I think you went to Pontefract?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nemeziss, They had something similar to this in one of the north London leisure centres in the late 70s/early 80s as I recall, and a friend and I tried it one night. Burned out the motor apparently ! Very funny sticky material - almost worse than Dendix.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I worked in Wilderness Ways (a ski/outdoor shop) in Leeds in the early 1980s and we had a smaller version of one of these for, I think, a season. I wasn't a skier at the time, so my very first skiing experience was on a moving carpet! The shop did a series of beginner ski lessons on the thing, using our hire boots and some very short ski evolutif type skis. It seemed to get a few people started.

I can't remember what happened to the contraption. Perhaps the supplier decided they would like payment rather than loaning it to the shop for free wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I remember skiing on a similar thing in the late 70s/early 80s. I thought it messed with your head! (might just have been my head though) You made all the moves to make turns and turn you did but when you looked around you weren't moving. (obviously!) I found hard to get my balance right.
I'll get my coat! Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For a horrible moment I thought it said it cost £150K + VAT

And then I read it again to find out I was correct. Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Strikes me it'd be a smidgeon cheaper to buy a load of wood (or earth), build up a slope in the garden and stick some Dendex or Snowflex on it and if you had the full £176,250 Shocked to spend you could, with the money left over, buy yourself numerous ski holidays for the rest of your life or even a small chalet somewhere near the snow!

Frankly anyone spending that much on one of those for personal/family use has seriously got more money than sense but I'd love to meet them! rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pictures at the bottom are from an indoor ski centre in Dublin, Have been on it a few times and it is diffrent
Cant round out and finish turns on it our you ned up in the back wall

You also have to blunt you skis to use it rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney wrote:
What is the difference between that and http://www.realli-ski.co.uk/ ?

Apart from having to cut your skis short or worse still, use blades you mean? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
An ex next door neighbour had made a very short slope in his garden for his daughter from dendex - she must have been down in 5 seconds. Bit steep at £170k
ski holidays
a3085238,having your balls removed is more fun than caravans Twisted Evil
snow report
Since when was Strachan pronounced "strawn", as in "Hello, I'm Mark [strawn] and welcome to SkiPlex" at the beginning of the video. Puzzled
ski holidays
^ when people are posh and English?

(And/or drunk, as in "Hello, I'm Mark [shtrawwwn] and welcome to SkiPlex, hic" Wink )
snow conditions
Astraeus wrote:
Since when was Strachan pronounced "strawn", as in "Hello, I'm Mark [strawn] and welcome to SkiPlex" at the beginning of the video. Puzzled

Gordon might start when he's out and about in Middlesborough....
snow report
I've seen the large multi-person ones of those (as found by the OP) running at http://www.skirun.nl/ Ronald goes there fairly regularly. We don't seem to have any in the UK, that tiny realliski one doesn't compare! At SkiRun they have two in the building, so that must have been quite an investment! I'm surprised at the price though as it really is just a very large strip of astro-turf on a roller system... Puzzled
latest report
I think someone posted a link to a video of someone on one of those perhaps a year or two ago. It didn't seem appealing and certainly not at that price.
snow report
Okay guys, once you're all done laughing and sitting back up on your chairs Smile

It seems I'm the only snowhead who actually skied on this system (there are 3 within a 10 mile radius of me)

Its rather brilliant. During an hours lesson, i'm 30 minutes actually 'skiing'. They do 2 people skiing on an instructor, so its almost private. I can do these lessons from €15 (40 lesson package) to €27.50 (main season single lesson) an hour.

In a fridge no way I get 30 minutes of skiing every hour... pricewise well below private lessons for 2 with some well respected snowheads teaching at a well respected UK fridge.

The surface is much more unforgiving about technical mistakes (even more so then dendix), so your flaws are revealed much quicker. I highly recommend it.
snow report
Ronald, And there's no moguls or slush... I'm warming to the idea Toofy Grin
snow report
Schuss in Boots, Where do you live, so I know where to start one of those things and actually have 1 customer Wink?

Forgot to mention: they have mirrors up, so you can actually see yourself... also adds to the learning process Wink
latest report
Ronald, that was the one thing I found attractive about learning to ski on it. Other than that, the surface seemed too 'perfect' to offer anything resembling an experience of real snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy