Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

action outdoors skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi there im new to the sport and i really enjoy it i go hemel quite abit and just booked up to go la tania in january
but i want to go before that so was looking this morning and came across this company called action outdoors and was going to go flaine with them on the 11 december for 5 nights with everything included training lift passes hotel coach food and ski gear for £484 quite cheap i thought
you guys will no more i suppose is that cheap or has any one ever used this company before any advice would be great many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rhys1989, Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead

I haven't used this company, but others here have, and someone should be along soon with some knowledge. The lifts are due to open on 11th December, so he's hoping for good conditions for you - the snow record there is pretty reliable though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rhys1989, welcome to snowheads. snowHead My daughter and her BF went there. They had a great time (they had a double room rather than a dorm, which was a small extra charge). The coach travel was grim. A driver did a runner at the tunnel in Kent. After a long wait they had to cross over and pick up a French bus which broke down for long periods twice in the night and they were many hours late arriving Flaine. They broke down on the way back, too, but only once! But that was probably bad luck.

Be aware that 11 December, as the very beginning of the season in Flaine, could well see less than good snow cover. But if you take the ski lessons that go with the deal the instructor will be able to find snow and make the best of it. And of course, there could be great cover; absolutely no way of knowing at the moment. Flaine is not the highest resort. If I were booking now to go then I'd be happier going to a resort with higher skiing, actually.

Action outdoors sells holidays with the French UCPA organisation which has a series of centres throughout the Alps - and beyond. I think it's subsidised by the government to encourage young people to do more outdoor sport.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe that in 2007 flaine didn't even open for skiing till the 16th of December due to a lack of snow so I would book very late if thinking of going that week
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can book direct with UCPA, but for a fair comparison you need to add a supplement to arrive the night before & transport.
also - £10 discount on UCPA holidays with Action-Outdoors
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy