Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
The good and the bad - just been speaking to a mate about the weather next week, he's a guide that lives just above La Grave - he actually likes to talk more about windsurfing than skiing etc which for him is like talking about work all the time Smile and he said with this fresh snow on the current base it's going to be lethal.

He's due to be touring from next Tuesday with clients, so viz could be an issue - in the past he's told me how when touring in really bad weather they've skied down roped together!

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got back from Serre Che. We had a great time last week and it was warm, sunny and no fresh snow. Most of the pistes held up really well, they are really looking after the snow with grooming and snow cannons. Some great piste skiing to be had, especially above the mid-stations. Briancon was really suffering though, as it is south facing. Even the pistes at the top of that side of the mountain had bare patches. We did notice that the snow on Friday (11th) and Saturday (12th) was not as good as it had been earlier in the week, so a fresh dump of snow should be very welcome. We did manage a bit of off piste with an instructor, and although not any powder, we still had a good time in grippy snow. The instructor said that a small dump would be best, but if there is a really big dump then avalanches will be a big risk.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also just back having stayed in Villeneuve. Would echo Carettam's comments; Briancon is in a bad way but pretty much all other areas were fine. Draye and Cucumelle were a lot of fun. The greens leading back into the resort were taking a pounding - it was easier to take the blues and reds off the mountain as the greens were a horrible mixture of slush, mud and ice by tea time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ditto, just back and SC slopes holding up well, but will be glad of the snow (now falling my spies tell me) to refresh the pistes over half term. Absolute top marks to the pisteurs though it really was amazingly good conditions given the lack of snowfall, we had a great week, which came as a suprise at 1400m after 3+ weeks with no snow. Full trip report coming soon.... aj xx
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Up to 30cm has fallen over the last few days, all very good. Have posted some pics on http://www.skinewgen.com/gallery.php?cat=111 (about to put some more scenic shots up). Pistes are in great shape at our end of the valley (Monetier), and chopped-up powder off piste. Gavin got fresh tracks under the Neyzets peak this afternoon!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mel@EurekaSKI, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great news!
Although I wish the snow had come last week when I was there. Still had a great tmie though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just arrived today in Villeneuve, I can confirm that snow on the pistes is very good. Can't do offpiste, but had an excellent day out after a 600 mile drive and sleeping in the car for 2 hours. Will post this evening a short video of me skiing 3.5 months after the ACL replacement Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
horizon, great news that you are back on your skis.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
horizon, be very careful. That repair is not firm yet.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Freddie Paellahead, you're right and I know. The knee is braced and I'm taking a LOT of care. I'm banking on pisted snow / blue runs being easy enough so that I have almost complete control. All I'm doing is pootling around the pistes with my family.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I was still limping after 4 months!

Hope all goes well, I imagine it will be a bit swollen at the end of the day.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
horizon, take care.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it snow I see on the webcams? I'm heading out in 2 weeks at the same time as half term for Brittany, lower Normandy, Pays de la Loire, Lorraine, Rhône Alpes, Auvergne, Languedoc, Midi-Pyrenees. Will it be considerably busy?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christopher, in my experience, the final week is probably the least busy of the four.
snow report
Curiosity getting the better of me....has Serre Che done well in the recent snowfalls compared to other resorts or is the snow cover still a bit lacking?
latest report
Kevin Byrne, there was some more snow on Thursday, but I think it may have been only a few cms to top up the 30cm or so that fell last week.
ski holidays
Kevin looking at the forecasts, for what it's worth, seems to be a fair amount of regular unsettled weather on the cards, but only light snow falls - no significant dump - and can't remember the exact date but mid March, torrential rain was forecast - hey ho what will be will be - out there this time next week.

When you back out?
snow report
Weathercam, Back out the week of the 19th to 26th so please make the necessar arrangements for a good dump 2 -3 days in advance and for a nice powder top up mid-week. Thanks in advance Very Happy

Good luck with your own trip. Hope you get the conditions. Take care as always.
snow report
Been getting the Blog site ready for our trip - see http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/2011.html - obviously will be of interest to SnowHeads because of the Serre Chevalier OffPiste bash.

Keven, still have you in the back of my mind for maybe a day or two, as there's only five of us in the group, should we still be in the area that week and if we do some local touring - can't promise anything but will keep you posted.
snow conditions
Just been having a look a things, and things have changed in our favour with the rain going and the word "heavy" appearing - but no doubt that will change!

ski holidays
Daily Blog now up and running at http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weekone.html

Very sunny and very very busy - pistes in good nick still but I think for this week will be going further afield!
ski holidays
Ok quick update for you all - did a couple of hikes yesterday off to the left of the new Vallons chair (only 20mins including faffing) - and me and the Mrs scored some untracked but was hard work finding it - and snow was a wee bit cruddy at times but still cold snow.

Probably going over to Montgenevre tomorrow as we're picking friends up who are flying in to Turin at 17:35 so that works out well.

Today taking the Mrs ski touring up the Col du Galibier (hopefully her blisters allowing)

Yesterday after skiing in the morning cycled up to Col du Lauteret

So far best snow found at the Col D'Izoard - superb powder

More on the blog http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weekone.html
snow report
Think I said it a while back that this weekend we had friends coming out who X-Country ski, and that I bet that that's when the snow would arrive and sure enough Smile

Should be enough to warrant getting up early for first lifts and then some more X-country - I did rather enjoy it!

More on the blog at http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weekone.html
snow report
Good news nice lot of snow, bad news wrong type of snow Sad

Very very heavy off piste, though at higher up is better, but hard to find, not helped by the flat light!

Col du L shut due to high winds, and storm force winds over in La Grave
ski holidays
Weathercam, we've all had a great day up here off-piste. Been described by one gnarly dude as the best skiing he's had in years.
latest report
It looked lovely from where I was standing! SNOW and lots of it!! (Standing being the operative word, might be skiing in the morn.)
snow report
Off to Claviere today will report back laters.............
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Claviere at its best http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weektwoblog.html Smile Smile
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:

Col du L shut due to high winds, and storm force winds over in La Grave

Even the snow ploughs got stuck on Sunday !
snow report
Hells Bells, not just standing at the edge of the piste and waving, then?! wink
ski holidays
Hurtle Our two NewGen instructors (Tom and Euan) have spent all day today texting their mates over in 3V with 'We're skiing powder' messages. Euangoneskiing said these were the best couple of days skiing he's had this winter.

davidof, which explains why the Col was closed yesterday afternoon. Even one of the pisteurs couldn't understand what was going on.
snow report
Hells Bells, no, I meant you're skiing off-piste as well, not just standing at the side.
snow conditions
Hurtle, lol. I didn't go off-piste that much yesterday, as to be quite honest we didn't need to. I joined in the instruction group with Euan, which included achilles , Windymiller and pisterider Pistes had not been bashed at all, and were covered in knee-deep fresh stuff.
I didn't join them today as my legs were knackered , but I think everyone else's were too.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, great! Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

knee-deep fresh stuff

I think I am a tiny bit envious.
ski holidays
cad99uk, just a teeny bit?
ski holidays
Hells Bells, Oh OK just a lot. Be a friend and send some over to Schladming will you.
snow conditions
cad99uk, OK, happy to oblige if I can. wink
snow report
Hells Bells, Right. Setting my alarm for first lifts then. I'm counting on you. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy