Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now this is helmet cam footage

Poster: A snowHead
X post from TGR but worth sharing to see what the current status of aggressive alpine skiing is!

Love the backlit shadows

Josh Anderson 2010 Edit from Not Sad
http://vimeo.com/12311392
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Saw it on there earlier, love that first jump - insane Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vimeo is the bane of my video-watching life. On this antique machine, it just slows to a judder and makes them unwatchable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quality stoke Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nice one, but bet he had a few core jobs on those rocks Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Astraeus, In the bottom right hand corner there is a big "HD". Click on that and it turns off the high definition and you see a lower quality and at full frame rate. Happy
PS. I just found this out now Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Even at over 11 Mb download speed the video judders in non HD. Hopeless.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The only way to watch Vimeo vids IME is to download them first.

Even if you let it buffer most of the video first, it still keeps pausing if you try watching them in your browser.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've never had a problem with a Vimeo video, in fact, I prefer it to Youtube.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What is wrong with your computers? I've got a dodgey wireless connection and an average laptop and it works fine.

Vid was quality, some good windmill arms. Not so keen on the soundtrack though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Let the video load fully before watching. That should make it work smoothly. fatbob, you should post up that video of the huge lincon loop he throws in that freeride comp. Now that is good Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
el nombre wrote:
What is wrong with your computers?

In my case video cards probably. The Eeepc which gave me the biggest problem is cheap and cheerful. My tower PC has a video card chosen for 3D CAD rather than streaming video. It gave a rather jerky rendition on HD until the video had fully buffered then ran well - so maybe a bit more RAM would have helped, too. OTOH if the only place I have a problem is Vimeo, I can live with it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scotia wrote:
I've never had a problem with a Vimeo video, in fact, I prefer it to Youtube.

Ditto, it does just sound like a case of old PCs or PCs that are cluttered with a bunch of resource-hungry software.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
el nombre, good question. My 512mb of RAM and 1.4gHz processor is probably not a good foundation stone on which to build a house with only 0.5% of the HDD available and which has been on for almost 24 hours a day for three years. As per achilles, however, it only hits me when I'm on Flash-heavy websites and Vimeo and, as these are both things I'm happy to avoid, I don't worry too much about the antiquated machinery in front of me.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmaah, Fair comment about old PCs - however, as Vimeo is the only problem I have, the obvious solution is not to watch Vimeo. I'll cope - provided trained counsellors are standing by.
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Timmaah, Fair comment about old PCs - however, as Vimeo is the only problem I have, the obvious solution is not to watch Vimeo. I'll cope - provided trained counsellors are standing by.

Smile

Timmaah, your diagnosis is remarkably insightful and not at all 10 posts later than my post attributing the problem to an old PC.
snow report
Timmaah, My 4-year old tower has:

Windows Xp Professional SP3
Intel Core Duo CPU E6550 2.33GHz
2G RAM
NVDIA Quatro FX570.

Seems adequate for work and watching anything other than Vimeo streaming.
snow report
achilles, more than enough for vimeo...
snow report
I'm running a Q8300 (quad core) with 4gb ram so there's no issue with machine performance yet I still find that most video judders and stutters in Firefox. The same clips play fine in Internet Exploder.

Tomorrow I may check whether it's the same on The Chief Smilie Maker's recently built super-computer: I suspect it will be.
latest report
My cheap hunk'o'junk plays vimeo fine (in internet explorer), as long as HD is turned off.
latest report
Works fine here in HD. Shame about the music.
ski holidays
plays fine on my iPad, no stutter Smile
latest report
Weeee Virtual machine @ work. This thing struggles with notepad, never mind a video. Good vid, though.
latest report
What an insult to QUEEN.
snow report
Just watched it with the music this time... I am deeply offended by what I just heard.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy