Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

nice and cheap resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone
I've been reading your post for a few weeks, for what I see there are a lot of cool people here ready to help.

My question is: a cool place where I can snowboard (still a newby Madeye-Smiley ) I live in Oporto, Portugal... so I would like a place where I can get by plane -lowcost (ryanair, easyjet...)
I've seen tons of resorts... but since I'm still a student I need a near cheap place (hotel and material renting)

I guess I would like to receive answers like

"name of resort"
exemple of an hotel (location and average price)
place to rent a board
any aditional information

everytime I did snowboard I did it at Sierra Nevada, Spain... I want to try different places. Guess everywhere near Geneva, Basel, Milan is more than allright...

thanks in advance Razz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead If you are young, and travelling alone or with other young people, the cheapest way of visiting a French resort is probably with UCPA - see http://holidays.ucpa.com/default.aspx (the site is available in French and english).

If you want to stay in a hotel then you'll need to avoid the French school holidays - hotels will be more expensive then (and the slopes more crowded). But if your holidays are the same time as the french holidays, UCPA don't put their prices up so much.

the price on a UCPA holiday includes hire of equipment and tuition - you'd find it a very good way of learning about a new resort and the UCPA centres are very international and social - no problem finding someone to have a drink with in the evenings. With UCPA you can visit some of the big and famous resorts which are usually very expensive, with spending a fortune.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could probably drive to the Pyrenean resorts? Might work out cheaper than flying to the Alps if you're on a budget. Andorra is duty-free too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ze_miguel, I've sent you a PM Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, I'm 23, so I think I'm young hehe. Since I'm in uni I can go whenever I want to... and yes, I'm bringing friends.

queen bodecia, I could drive... yes. but, that's boring and I would have to spent at least 60€ in gaz... if I go by plane to the Alpes I can do it with 15-20€ Smile

Avago, sent me this site http://snowtrex.com/ wich seems great Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

if I go by plane to the Alpes I can do it with 15-20€

... plus transfer from the airport to resort, don't forget. If there's a group of you it may well be cheaper to drive to the Pyrenees. Cheaper lift passes as well - http://www.n-py.com/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, I didn't NehNeh if I stay at de swiss Alpes I can go pretty much everywhere by train.
and I would like to try that part of europe... it's not that I don't have the money, it's just I don't want to spend it all in one trip Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy