Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Cymru 10/11 - Eto, os gwelwch yn dda! (Wales 10/11 - Again, if you please!)

Poster: A snowHead
A few Snowdonia webcams courtesy of First Hydro:

http://www.fhc.co.uk/cams.htm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skis are going in for a service tonight so hopefully there will be some snow soon!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had a friend of mine to report there is 1-2" of snow around Beddgelert and more up towards Capel Curig.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FRIDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2010

Three mornings of hard frosts will hopefully have cooled the slopes so that anything that falls will stick and stay.

Snow forecast this afternoon. Calling for 5-10cm. Only need about 20cm to be able to make turns. Here's hoping.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoor/mountainsafety/brecon/brecon_latest_pressure.html

Heading over later to have a look see.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sweet,
looks like a fair amount in snowdonia already.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing on the Craig-y-nos web cam

http://www.breconbeacons.org/pages/livewebcam

And just started snowing outside my window snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weather is looking good for tomorrow, will probably take the trip over to pen-y-fan even if there's not enough snow for sliding. Need some exercise anyway Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow, fantastic to see some enthusiasm for Welsh skiing!
Please please please drop me a text if any of you are up my neck of the woods and fancy getting out, last time I met a lot of you was at the Brenin when we did that crevase rescue and rope skills for ski touring stuff.

So as most of you have noticed theres a bit of snow in the uk!]
last repaort I saw just a while ago was for a possible 10 days of snow fall, hmmm I thought Met Office had stopped al their scare monger winter forcasts?!

Anyway, I digress, a few of us have been out in the hills over the past coupe of days getting some early mixed climbing in the higher areas.
Last night saw the heaviest snow fall in the park and its pretty much changing from bright spells with light snow fall to dusk conditions with heavy snow fall every hour or so.

Around 3" here so far at 230m and there is a lot more on the way right through to Thursday next week looking at the Unisys charts.

The hills did see the turf freeze up before the latest snow fall, so perhaps a better chance of bonding will take place.

Im out working this weekend, private guiding/instruction on nav' and rope skills/security on steep ground, so will get chance to get high up and see what the real score is.

So remember, if your down this way, especially midweek then Im up for stretching the legs on a hill, some climbing and if conditions allow, some skiing, just click the webpage link for my phone number and give me a call Smile
cheers
Mark
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowing in Aberdare Very Happy

Big, fat, feathery flakes. Sticking too!

20-30cm forecast up high in The Brecon Beacons.

Skis, boots & poles at the back door (been there since May); backpack packed; ski gear laid out on the back bed.

Pre-dawn foray planned for tomorrow.

To the Batmobile!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mark handford, Mike Pow, I have 1 day of holiday to take so if we all get the same day off we could go for a slide as long as that it's not to difficult for me. Keep me updated,'cheers
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Rick, just keep an eye on the weather, Ill post an update on this thread in a few days, to give conditions to build, fingers crossed, or go warm again! Just letm me know when you are thinking of taking a day and we will take it from there.

Theres a nice easy slope that gives a good run donw Pen yr Helgi Du, be prepared for plenty of skinning or if not touring then booting it for a few kilometres Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ardderchog wan hogia Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What are the roads around the storey arms visitor centre (I assume that's the best place to park for some snow action?) like when it snows? I'll be driving a nissan micra, with nothing in the way of winter tires / chains..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Who knows at this stage.

Dumping here in Aberdare, already 2-5cm on the side roads. Main roads are clear.

If it continues to snow overnight and the roads get plowed then shouldn't be a problem.

If it stops snowing, gets colder and the roads freeze over then we could be in trouble.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mark handford, Do you know if there is any decent stuff up on the Horse Shoe Pass?
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
Any snow Scarpa?

Nothing in the Beacons yet.

Judging by the Storey Arms webcam, there's snow on the Beacons today!

http://www.traffic-wales.com/traffic?tab=1&mode=current

If you're interested in company Mike, I'm definitely up for some Beacon skiing.
snow report
Scene outside house in Cardiff.

Snowing very heavy Cool Why am I going to Tignes tomorrow? Toofy Grin

snow conditions
OK here's the latest

5-10cm fallen in Aberdare today at approx 250m

In my experience that should translate to 20-40cm in the Pen-y-Fan area of the Brecon Beacons at approx 800m. The road cam certainly supports this

http://www.traffic-wales.com/traffic?tab=1&mode=current

as does the Park cam

http://www.breconbeacons.org/pages/livewebcam

Which should be more than enough to make turns tomorrow.

As long as the roads are safe tomorrow I intend getting to the toilets car park at 6:30 to get to the top for around 7:30

Come on, come all. Always better skiing it with company

snowHead
ski holidays
Mike Pow,

Sadly, can't make it tomorrow - I find work rather interferes with skiiing. Might be up for Sunday if conditions are good - please report back tomorrow evening.

Dymuniadau gorau!!
snow report
Mike Pow, great news. Cant come tomorrow as i dont have skis till monday Sad and I have too much to do as off to Scotland on Thursday. Have a great day though and remember to take lots of pics if ou get the chance.

Hwyl!
latest report
And snow wasn't the only thing falling on the Beacons today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11849888

Pilot escapes Brecon Beacons air crash
Pen y Fan map, Brecon Beacons, Powys The plane came down in an area known as Windy Ridge near Pen y Fan summit

The pilot of a light aircraft has managed to walk away from the wreckage of his plane after it crashed in the Brecon Beacons.

The twin-seat Piper plane came down close to the summit of Pen y Fan.

Witnesses said the aircraft was left upside down, but its pilot managed to walk to a nearby road and raised the alarm.

He is now being treated for minor injuries at Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil.

Dyfed-Powys Police said they were undertaking an investigation into the crash, with a report being prepared for the Civil Aviation Authority.

The incident happened at about 1145 GMT on Friday in an area known as Windy Ridge.

Hill walker Sue Newlands said: "We could hear the engine of a small plane which seemed to be circling and getting lower.
'Very lucky'

"From the sound it was making we thought it was in trouble.

"As we carried on walking we saw the plane wreckage and other people at the scene said the pilot had got out alive.

"He was very lucky because the plane came down on the side of the mountain."

It is understood that the plane is registered to a businessman in Bridgend, and it is believed to have taken off from Cardiff airport on a solo pleasure flight early on Friday morning.

A police spokesperson added: "At approximately 1145 GMT this morning a report was received that a light aircraft had come down in Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons .

"The only person in the aircraft was the pilot. He was not seriously injured but has been conveyed to Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil.

"Air Accident Investigators will now investigate the circumstances."
snow report
Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a cracking day! hopefully I'll get there mid morning ish. Can't wait! snowHead
snow conditions
can't make tomorrow. next week hopefully
ski holidays
Same for me, I can't make tomorrow but possibly next weekend? We could go for a birthday slide for me!!!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, whens your Birthday? Mines the fifth but Im going to ski Scotland for it. ph is the 4th.
snow conditions
3rd December, I will be 24!!!
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Scarpa, sounds great, whenever you fancy a slide on a local hill that doent involve all of the above lol, then let me know, i live in west manchester (M28) so i can be in chester within 40 minutes and bala in under 1hr 30 so i will certainly be up for it, keep me updated of when you are going. Would be great to ski in Wales!!! Im sure milnerhome would be up for it aswell.
something I said upset you?.
snow conditions
meandrew wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Scarpa, sounds great, whenever you fancy a slide on a local hill that doent involve all of the above lol, then let me know, i live in west manchester (M28) so i can be in chester within 40 minutes and bala in under 1hr 30 so i will certainly be up for it, keep me updated of when you are going. Would be great to ski in Wales!!! Im sure milnerhome would be up for it aswell.
something I said upset you?.

Upset me, I dont get it, slight confused here?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just read back, what I meant when I said that doesnt involve any of the above, was the ice axe, crampons and the 6ft drop in!!! Not the above as in other people. Laughing
snow conditions
We have less than an inch here... but looks like a couple at least fell on the moors.... and my winter tyres arrived today Smile
snow conditions
mark handford, Hi, what do you reckon the best (safest) way of walking up to Pen yr Helgi Du, is it straight up the Y Braich ridge ???, the ski route - down looks to be the ridge and then off towards the road up to Llugwy Reservoir

Do you think ice axe and crampons req'd ???? or otherwise I thought Moel Ellio a possability ???. looks a safer ascent
ski holidays
Kit sorted. Setting the alarm for an ungodly hour. Hope to be in the car park for 06.30 to meet Mike Pow!
snow report
Barring treacherous roads, see you there.

It's turned pretty cold here and the snow is firming up.
snow conditions
Have a great day out guys, please take lots of pics for us!!!
ski holidays
Boys, I am so jealous. Enjoy.
ski holidays
Me to, helping the mother in law to be move house, gutted!
snow report
Looking forward to the reports tomorrow evening.

And, of course, the match reports on an historic victory for Wales over the All Blacks.

Altogether now, to the tune of Sospan Fach, "Who beat the All Blacks, Who beat the All Blacks, Who beat the All Blacks, but good old Sospan Fach!"

And Mike Pow - penblwydd hapus Smile
ski holidays
I so wish.

A diolch yn fawr iawn.
ski holidays
yes, wont be in here early enough so I will do it now - Penblwydd Hapus xx

Chamcham,where are you from?
snow report
As others have said penblwydd hapus Mike

A gobeithio am rhywbeth special nos yfory wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy