Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Ski question - sorry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've given my lovely Dynastar Intuitiv Bigs to my wife. Sad They make a really good Tele ski ... I know that Dynastar 8800s, and then Legends were basically the same ski.. so what is it called now ?

Any ideas anyone ? Failing that - what else should I consider as a do anything tele ski ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have no idea why you'd be sorry... this isn't TGR you know wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there a direct replacement or are the Sultan 85 / 94 the nearest thing to the old Legends?

http://www.dynastar.com/AT/AT/dynastar-skis-men.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yep - i think Sultans are the newest version. they have a bit more sidecut that the old Legend/Bigs I believe
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of people seem to like Movements and in N America Karhu/Line as tele skis. I've recently converted by old Line Motherships to tele and at 97mm they feel ok to my rather limited tele skills indoors now I've fixed my knee problem. Prophet 100 would be the nearest equivalent now though I believe you can go skinnier with a similar ski. Stantoni has probably gone through the highest number of tele skis as a relative newcomer. I can bring them up to next SH night if you'd like a try.

Tele tips will have the full spectrum of tele kit geekery.

I really liked the Bigs/Nobis when I demoed them alpine back in 04 or thereabouts so I can see the attraction
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Before the Sultans, the 8800 became the Mythic Rider, which you can still pick up fairly cheaply here and there:

http://www.google.de/products?hl=de&q=dynastar%20legend%20mythic%20rider&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
closest to legend 8000 would be the sultan 80, the sultan 85 was a much nicer ski though! (well for alpine can't really comment for tele)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy