Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

last years kung fujas with dukes?

Poster: A snowHead
After all the discussion about what all mountain wider ski to get i have the opportunity to bag a set of last years kung fujas in 189 with a pair of marker barons for a very good price... going by the price of barons here, the ski would only cost £100 brand new...

so. anyone got barons, or dukes, on the kung fujas and how do they work for a ski to ski everything in resort and also for short hikes/skin to off piste not too far from the beaten path.

It's unlikely i'd do anything in the park with them, but i will be doing small drops, nothing silly, and skiing steeper lines and as much fresh snow as possible. As has been pointed out before, the ski needs to work in Scotland and the alps.

Also, anyone got any comparison on the stiffness/flex of these skis compared with K2s Xplorer.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea on the Kung Fujas, but the barons are solid. Consider them as solid normal alpine bindings that have the option to tour. Not light, but you can't beat them for short hikes to good lines.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So it's a bargain with some decent bindings that suit your slack country needs, and a ski that was the Fall line ski of the year....

Assume you've bought them Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, will press the button this weekend i think... just need to clear it with the boss Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just pull the trigger man!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anyone know if the dukes will go into the same drill points as are in the ski for the jester/griffon shizo bindings?

would make sense - but then again, there's a lot of things that happen that don't make sense!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ignore that last question... now answered.

anyone got any recommendations as to where to mount the dukes?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly wrote:
ignore that last question... now answered.

anyone got any recommendations as to where to mount the dukes?

Depends how and where you want to ski.....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mostly down the way, nothing park orientated (maybe just a dabble) and not very much switch. steep reds, blacks, off piste.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In that case there should be a 'freeride' mark on the ski and probably best to mount it there rather than True centre or freestyle stance.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Prob around +2... the set back line on them just looks too far back!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dam not knowing my BSL... They're gone Sad

Gutted
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly, do you not have boots?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yep.... but i didn't have access to them until now. Sad
latest report
shoogly, no luck Sad
snow report
can still get a very good deal on last seasons K2 hardside... hmmmmm.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy