Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hardnutz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New helmet and goggle manufacturer. I'll put my cards on the table now and say I'm not entirely convinced.

http://www.hardnutz.com/index.php/ski-helmets-snowboard-helmets.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm, gay name but I quite like the look of some of the designs, seem quite nicely vented aswell which is good for a sweaty betty like me!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a helluva lot of money for a standard construction lid!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
true
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
£90 seems reasonable to me for a helmet of standard construction. Is it possible to get a lid with a carbon fibre construction for that price?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't get me started on highly priced safety gear rolling eyes

scotia, It might not be possible to get a carbon fibre construction for that price, but you can certainly get a standard construction lid for MUCH less. I guess they are trying to sell them on their graphics which do seem pretty unique and might well appeal to some.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, I have no doubt you can! Looking at the Snow and Rock helmets section it looks to be mid-range but highly priced for an unknown brand with no features to set it apart other than a pretty picture. I can't see them selling well Confused

edit: I looked again and I think the designs are atrocious. Especially the Reservoir Dogs one Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeh don't buy one from Lidl or Tesco tho, if you actually want your head to be protected, I think megamum works there...... Neh Neh

The reason it is highly priced, most the time, is because it has had huge amounts on money pumped into R&D to protect YOU and much better quality materials.

Sure, save on socks if you must, but not on your noggin!!!

I think these hardnutz guys are trying to get in on a trend tho, but it would be interesting to hear thier reason for the price.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jimmythefoot, probably all down to the cost of licensing the 'the Dogz' Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your probably not wrong!

Even from the pictures these don't look worth £90!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jimmythefoot, No, FWIW actually I'm MD of my own business. At the end of the day so long as you get one with the current safety coding you are at least as protected as much as legislation says you should be. Also, if the cheap one fits better and is more comfortable than the higher priced then you are probably better off with the cheap one.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I simply have to have the Cowma Sutra one. At any price Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum wrote:
Jimmythefoot, No, FWIW actually I'm MD of my own business. At the end of the day so long as you get one with the current safety coding you are at least as protected as much as legislation says you should be. Also, if the cheap one fits better and is more comfortable than the higher priced then you are probably better off with the cheap one.

I can buy a car for £50 that is road legal, would I drive it?

Would you feel that your kids are safe it it if you crash? Yet it is legal......

Ever thought the same may apply with these minimal safety regulations?

As i said, scrimp on socks if you need, but helmets...... not me.

FWIF, MD of own business? Then surely you shoudl appreciate that spending a little more can go a long way......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jimmythefoot, You may have picked the wrong example there - I currently drive a 15 year old car that I'd probably get about £50 for if I traded it in Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes, I do understand the concept of invest to save, but it implies you have the cash to invest in the first place. FWIW I was in the market for a helmet and prepared to pay a reasonable sum for it for a couple of years. However, I couldn't find one that was comfy and fitted. The first that fitted that bill was a cheap one. I've been involved in pursuits that involve helmets for years I know what I'm looking for - for the level of skiing that I and the family do what we have is IMV adequate and certainly better than wearing nothing!! Which let's face it, many do.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy