Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpybus does Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Just a heads up and q.

Just looking round for GVA/Verbier transfers I saw that Alpybus now serve Verbier; and they're half the price of Alpine Express Shocked

I've booked, but see that you pay the driver on the day which is new to me. So, has anyone else used them and do they "do what it says on the transit"?

Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't do it!!!! But don't take it from me (after all we're a competitor on its other routes - but not Verbier).

Just check out http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=alpybus rolling eyes

Common scams:

1.You book for one timed departure, they sit you on a minibus and there you are stuck, waiting for the next one - which is when the bus was always going to leave.

2. You think you are going to pay one price, but on the day are charged a higher one.

3. You end up being driven in his brothers car, as he can't be bothered to run a bus for 2 people.

But in the end, you pays your money and you take your choice Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh, I almost forgot the wonderful quote from his office person- She said: 'we accept every booking we can get and just sort it out on the day!'
Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Po.

Ten.

Tial.

that's what this thread has.

In abundance.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used them twice, once to bring my mother out (she was deeeeelighted with it as I'd been trying to make her take the train) and once when my flight was delayed so I missed the last train connection, rocked up to the man at geneva airport and was on the move 15 min later. door to door and pretty cheerful/helpful driver.

so no problems with them at all (although you may have spotted the underlying sentiment, take the train! wink )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gilo wrote:
take the train!

I presume it's pretty easy to do then?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sooo easy, train leaves hourly from the airport, meets the "st bernard express" in martigny (walk from one side of platform to the other so not tough) which then deposits you in le chable onto the waiting bus up the wiggles to resort. having 2 changes makes it sound laborious but it's quite a nice trip and the combined walking distance is probably 20 metres.

only problem you might have is that the st bernard train finishes at 8 ish so late travel needs to be checked carefully, taxi from there can be pricy if you're not sharing. at the airport the signs wont mention every stop (including martigny) which can be worrying but anything that goes to sion will also stop at martigny. the price is usually cheaper than a "swiss transfer ticket" so just buy from the nice english-speaking machine at the airport station.

occasionally at quiet times you can get a ticket that covers travel and a few days lift pass at a discount but these are few and far between IME.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, can't imagine train to Verbier is any harder than to Nendaz, although there may be one more change. Nendaz is GVA-Sion, then bus from station to resort. Verbier would be GVA-Martigny, Martigny-Le Chable then bus.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

so just buy from the nice english-speaking machine at the airport station.

or online and print your ticket from sbb.ch
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nb IIRC there are more trains from the airport (ie if you just miss one) but you may need to change at Lausanne (again simple).

http://www.sbb.ch/en/ will help you out
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, i know a few people who used them last year for the WS course in December and had no problems with them. I have booked with them this year so will take my chances.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have used them, and it was infinitely easier than the train, especially if you are taking lots of heavy ski gear with you. And the price is not so different either.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Interesting. I thought the paucity of transfer companies into Verbier was to do with SBB applying pressure on the licencing offices...?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, let the train take the strain, have done it twice and was the most stress free way to go, snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We've used them three or four times without any problems to transfer to Cham, however each time our group filled the bus so they had no reason to wait for another flight.
snow report
I've had friends use them to Verbier - no complaints at all.
snow report
I had used them a few times in the summer with no problems; always had the same driver who was great. Then I tried to make a booking last winter. Emails and phone calls were unanswered. Thought they must have ceased trading. Apparently not..... Shocked
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Swirly wrote:

or online and print your ticket from sbb.ch

At the risk of seeming a tad onanistic, you can even buy your ticket via the sbb app and just whip out your gadgetry on the train.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy