Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Tuning Gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to invest in DIY tuning gear.

Purchase cost not really an issue as will be shared between min of 4 users (but kept in my garage wink ) so looking for precision quality as will get plenty of use.

Have already viewed the Toko web site & made a shopping list but unsure of Toko quality. Also looked at the main ski retailers websites but most only offer a limited range of items.

Would like recommendations re equipment & UK suppliers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oops, forgot. Also interested in any good 'how to' books, DVD/vids or websites.

Have already found http://www.swixschool.no which has a quicktime 'how to' tuning video.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, the toko stuff is pretty good quality however one thing to have a look at are service clamps, you want ones that have different jaws to take the different ski shapes, also the bands that toko produce are useless my favorite ski shop gave me a half dozen of their bands that they use like a very strong rubber band which holds the ski brakes nicely out the way http://www.skibartlett.com have a big range of service gear and are very knowledgeable
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Kandie Imports in Falkirk http://www.kandie-imports.com/. No online ordering (last time I checked) but they have a very comprehensive selection and IME are quite happy dealing with the serious skier.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon,

You've already found SwixSchool; you'll want the Toko manuals available in .PDF here. Read all of them; the nordic one is especially valuable for the discussion of various types of snow.

Beyond that, you'll have to slough off a fair bit of disinformation and find out what you need from race-tuning wisdom.

There is much on the Tognar site and in the articles on the Holmenkol site. Should keep your Acrobat busy for a bit, I think.

IMO there is very little useful to recreational skiers beyond the content on those 4. There is a lot of disinformation, following some of which may void your warranty.

You're concerned with quality: fair enough, I take it you've already browsed through the SVST catalogue. Of particular interest there are the Pro Bevel Meter, Moonflex Stones, and World Cup true bar.

If you haven't done a back-search on Epic yet, it has been concluded that the Toko Base beveler is best for Atomics because of the little concavities at tip and tail, to avoid exactly the problem slikedges mentions here.

Good luck.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All

Thanks for the feedback. comprex, you're right, the Acrobat's been busy all afternoon!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy